Simple Tips For Better Sound

Try everything that possibly can produce positive placebo effects. Placebo effects are real and proven. The cost to get them varies though… With some luck you get the positives for free and/or with minimal effort!

1 Like

I tightened up some of my speakers (as in different pairs) drivers bolts, was quite surprised how loose some were, nice results tbh as well.

Where can you buy this Placebo stuff? It sounds great!

3 Likes

Qobuz?

1 Like

At a rock gig you can’t hear them!

1 Like

Have you been to a rock gig recently? You really can hear everyone talking around you and then wildly clapping when the song finishes :rage:

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever been to a rock gig quiet enough to hear the person next to me saying something in my ear let alone people talking around me, though yes to irritating whistling/catcalls during the occasional quiet number. Classical fortunately people do usually keep quiet. I’ve been to a few Celtic music gigs in the past week, and there is an oddity with occasional ‘whoops’ from people in the audience, but fits with the music., but no audible audience chatter.

1 Like

That’s what always annoyed me with live albums recorded in the US (well, some if not most of the ones I’ve heard), the audience never stop chattering, whooping, laughing…It’s like they’re at a party and the band are almost incidental.

2 Likes

Oh yes you can. They just talk louder to compensate…inconsiderate imbeciles.

1 Like

I agree with your view of any such people - however at most rock gigs the talking louder would have to be shouting very loud, within inches of someone’s ear!

I must be fortunate in not having experienced gigs like that, at least nothing I’ve paid money for - certainly background noise can be a problem with pub bands, because not everyone is there for the band, just the atmosphere… and busy pubs can be have very loud background noise without anyone trying to play music!

1 Like

Hi Innocent _Bystander, where & who does ear wax cleaning?

My doctor does it

Right, Thanks

Bourbon. Then more bourbon. Makes everything more profound!!

1 Like

Foam bass traps in the corners behind the speakers.

Cheap as chips and works a dream.

1 Like

Hi IB…sorry to say you are indeed fortunate. I’ve experienced it all too often. The talking/shouting (usually from the row in front or behind) is amplified to be heard over the music playing and often persistent from individuals incapable of shutting the f-up or comprehending the inconsiderate nature of their behaviour. You have to wonder why they’re even there.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about cleaning the wax (!), but removal of excess wax see this (or search out similar in your country if not Britain: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/earwax-build-up/

Mood lighting. Helps relaxation and focuses the attention.

1 Like

Our lass has enough retina searing lighting on in our living space where my system is to land a jetliner in a heavy fog…

When I get the place to myself though and As twee as this sounds the ambient fireplace videos on youtube create very nice ambient lighting in the evenings… Sound off of course.

1 Like

Best way to make the sound better, BOURBON on BOURBON (quality of course)