SL2's Used price

Mtuttleb, out of interest, do you have any idea how many are there in Germany? In my tiny swamp (the Netherlands) I’ve never seen them.

…I really want them. Just not driving to another country.

1 Like

They are lovely speakers. I bought my pair from HungryHalibut, formally regularly here. But we live only 30 miles apart, so I wasn’t faced with your dilemma.

I hope you find another nice pair.

2 Likes

I have lusted after a pair of SL2s for a long time but always see them at the wrong time. Still enjoying my SBLs though.

2 Likes

Yeah, I lusted over nigel’s pair as well!

Edit: and for the avoidance of any doubt, we are talking about his SL2s!!!

4 Likes

Here they are, either side of the aforementioned Ercol sideboard…

3 Likes

Stop teasing me with pictures of SL2s.

2 Likes

The wooden fronts do look a bit battered? Or is that just the lighting?

No idea. I could ask the distributor

Figuring in the maple. They are mint, actually.

1 Like

Cool. Certainly the pics in HH’s room looked good!

I’m sure I could live with the “figuring” :grinning:

Whoops post deleted :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy::relaxed:

You could keep your SBLs and splash on a NAC52 instead.

(Full disclosure: I’ve never heard a NAC52. But my dealer says there are few occasions where adding a NAC52 won’t improve a Naim set.)

Ask if they have the original boxes and packaging. Quite important if moving them, and for potential resale.

I have some new spare tweeters, purchased last autumn as we were advised that this was a ‘last batch’ of the SBL and SL2 versions. I suspect they might now be sold out.

Bruce

1 Like

I have had an NAC52 for just over thirty years, and would never change it. (It could do with a return to Salisbury soon, as it’s never been ‘home’ for some TLC.)

There’s simply no need for me to consider a change!

4 Likes

Funnily enough guys, im keeping my eyes out for a 52/supercap as well!

1 Like

If that was any kind of a hint, you can’t have mine!

But do have a look at TomTom Audio’s website, or speak to James Allney there (St Albans). He is great at finding Naim bits that are hard to find. (Many years ago now, he found me a mint NAT-01 after it had been suddenly discontinued.)

Ahem!

Yep. If the speakers are good enough, and either very good value or such price that the travel cost is a a small proportion of total cost then it’s a no-brainer - and that way you can also be sure they don’t get chucked around by the carrier. A few years ago to audition replacement speakers I drove over 800 miles plus a ferry journey each way averaging 3 hours each, and a hotel stay, to visit 3 places and audition 5 speakers, taking with me my own large and heavy speakers plus amp and source. It was a fruitful trip in that I found two that were suitable, but I didn’t even return with them as I was still mulling it over when I had to get back.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.