Solstice turntable for £10K

He didn’t think so and we hardly talk these days which is a shame really.

I just assumed you had seen my profile and were being ironic. The joys of social media. Guess I’ll just continue to slum it along with all the other LP12’ers.

1 Like

By the way, are the S600’s on eBay your old pair?

Sorry not that clever for that lol.
He had a LP12 along with a pink triangle, and something else. I just knew the LP12 was his favourite so hit him where it hurts. Lol

1 Like

S600 i haven’t seen them, but then i don’t look for speakers these day’s

1 Like

What BNC connectors are you using? I want to do this with my Solstice leads.

1 Like

Check out the Tom Tom web site ( I’m sure Richard will allow me to write this) as they sell “ Naim” nickel plated 50ohm BNC’s. Superb!

1 Like

Sorry I am confused! Where would you use bnc conductions and why?

Likely to connect the arm leads to the phono stage. 50 ohm BNC connections are ideal here and favoured by Naim over RCA cinch.

Ok. As far as I can see the solstice phono stage only has rca inputs though?

True. Perhaps the dealer or Naim have fitted 50ohm BNCs to order. I specified these to be fitted by Naim when I ordered my Stageline many years back. I’m sure Chris will reveal in due course.

1 Like

He’s got a Superline & S/Cap DR listed as his kit – obviously the SL has BNC inputs.

1 Like

Ahh, thank you!

Shield floated on the BNC’s Superline end to prevent a ground loop.

2 Likes

Yes, of course, it’s a Superline!

1 Like

So much better than RCA’s Richard. You’re advise is on point once again.

Richard,

It’s frustrating for me that the Linn cabling (Silvers from LP12/EKOS SE) don’t allow BNCs – I’ve asked quite a few times, but it seems the cables are too finickity to put BNCs on the end.

If anybody knows if/how this can be done, please advise.

1 Like

They are always going to be difficult to terminate HL as BNC’s are really designed for Coaxial cable. But with some thought and patience I’m sure it can be done. It took me an hour to terminate those two to Mogami quad 2549. :joy:. But we’ll worth the effort.

2 Likes

Not a DIY job for me! Sadly, may late dad’s soldering skills weren’t passed down in the genes :frowning_face: Think fingers and thumbs galore!

1 Like

A shame HL. In a system at your level the benefits will be obvious. If I can do it then there must be plenty of competent people to be sourced. Just make sure that the BNCs are the RS type recommended by Naim which are fully nickel plated, including the centre pin.

1 Like