Streamer firmware 3.8.0

In an attempt to add to the balance: My NDX2 also updated without any problem, as it has done with every update before

4 Likes

Update also went smooth on my Nova. Only lost login settings to Tidal and no other issues as of now.

1 Like

My Nova also. It was freaked out (went out of synch with video, made a weird crackle, was weirding out with bluetooth) a bit today so I did a hard re-set, and once back saw an update…ahhh….all well again.

Smooth ND555 update.had to re- login to Tidal

1 Like

Where do I find the release notes?

Nice smooth update on my ND5 Xs2. Thanks all at Naim.

2 Likes

Smoooooth Star update. Didn’t have to re-login to Tidal even.

1 Like

I wholly agree. A seamless 7min upgrade to the ND555 as far as I’m concerned.

G

1 Like

Anyone having issue with spontaneous Tidal logout under 3.8?

I understand that it was necessary to log-in again following updating to 3.8 but since then ND555 seems to have spontaneously logged me out a couple of times…

Oh well. I thought I was OK but no. Error 315 every time unit is unplugged and then restarted. Must wait a long time unplugged to restart over 1 hour and I’m not sure that it not going to just not start soon. Dealer is working on a solution.

Fine here on my ND 555 - i’m working from home and enjoying the main system today :slight_smile:

Might be worth a power cycle of your ND 555 - unplug for 15-30 minutes. During that time, ensure your Naim App is up to date, your phone/tablet is fully powered down and back up. I’d restart your router at same time, too. Covers all bases!

An example of the slight ‘edge’ noticeable with 3.7.1 (ND555) was this hires Qobuz album:

I found it unlistenable with 3.7.1 but with 3.8.1 that edge is dialled back enough to make it much more balanced. It’s not the best recording by any means but this update is welcome.

G

5 Likes

Hi, just received my new Uniti Star. Great experience coming from 20 yrs with Marantz systems.
BUT I have these audigaps in ripped music. Searching a lot for solutions without success.
Tried multiple SD cards, formatting in Mac Format and Windows, using usb Stick, Wave vs. flac, etc.
Then this update hoping that this would fix it. Unfortunately, not. Still 1-5 small audio gaps in every album ripped.
So this new ripping function compares my flac and can not detect these gaps?
So thought Naim is #1 on high quality CD ripping?
Can anyone help?
Thx

I’m running new speakers now but it appears to my ears that 3.8 is a little darker than 3.7.1

2 Likes

Have had my Star since 2019. For as long as I have had it it has had this issue. Small gaps of silence in the CD rips.

It’s not you, it’s not your CD’s, it’s not your harddrive, it’s the Star.

I know it’s annoying but what I do now is rip a CD, listen to it, and if there are gaps I rerip it. Songs with gaps are usually ripped well the second time. So I combine the ripped album files to get a gapless album :man_shrugging:

NDX2 updated successfully. On the Naim App, I had to re-login into Tidal on all devices. On one device, it said the Tidal Login name was invalid - restarted Naim App, all OK

No change in sound that I can hear

My ND5XS2 is still happy being on version 3.7.0

Your ND5XS2 likes to stay young

2 Likes

Holding back Jim remember the last time :upside_down_face:

Applied 3.8 last night to one of my ND5XS2 took about 6min all okay

1 Like