Streamer firmware 3.8.0

I’m deaf then……:smirk:
Though now that you mention it……
David

1 Like

From my point of view the sound quality now is for sure much better then it was (with 3.7.0 or 3.7.1) …
I feel the music back … I am so relieved …

I have a problem with uniti-serve now … when I back from Tidal to server my app do not see an “artists” …
I need to switch off/ on my uniti-serve and only then I can play the music from it …

2 Likes

It’s just changes to Apples APIs you have to keep up to date to be certified same goes for Chromecast.

Do I need to update my iPad to iPadOS 15 before updating my Naim firmware?

Not that I am aware of it has no bearig on what version of iOS you have.

1 Like

Naim mentions need to update Naim app on iOS to 5.22 in order to update firmware to 3.8

2 Likes

Also not bright as before…3.7.0 was even to much bright…i was upset couldn’t listen to music

Yes, big improvement all round. I’ve played a good few albums now and I’m really enjoying this update.

G

2 Likes

Liking the update

Screen still reverts to internet radio page intermittently

Ho hum

1 Like

Thank goodness for this update. I really wasn’t liking the sound of my Star and hadn’t considered that it was being caused by a software update. I really didn’t realise what was causing the bright scratchy sound I was getting and was thinking there was something wrong with my set up and was even considering moving it on. When I first got it it was running 3.6 and sounded great, 3.7 and 3.7.1 I now realise was the problem so this update has made it enjoyable again. Probably doesn’t sound as warm as 3.6 to my ears if am am remembering the sound right but it is sounding so much nicer than it was

3 Likes

Yep it’s better alright, not sure how 3.7 made it out in to the wild tbh. Pity there’s no functionality upgrades though - I still live in hope that the poor screen options will be addressed.

3 Likes

Smooth upgrade on my uniti star, the playlist issues are gone thanks Naim :grin:.

About sound quality i didn’t hear any change about it being less bright or edgy but there is a little more details and textures i think, so that’s an improvement in SQ for sure.

1 Like

Updated my hard-wired Star over the weekend. Took maybe 10 mins what with restarting and all that but, as in all previous updates, everything fine.

I do hope that you will fix hdmi performance with LG TVs. With 3.8.0 no changes here for me. My LG CX still cannot see Nova’s hdmi. Tried all possible options without success. Hdmi is not visible.

It is an ongoing developmental point, I can assure you. We needed to get this release out to meet TIDAL’s upcoming login change, but are already working on future releases.

Worth reiterating once again, however, that Naim’s HDMI implementation is fully certified - our end of things is working as it should, but the hazy nature of HDMI ‘standards’ means it’s almost impossible to say everything will always work.

1 Like

I have been running a Panasonic tv with the hdmi and have experienced no problems with any release firmware

1 Like

I have installed the update without any issues.

3 Likes

Successfully installed update.:+1:
Difference in sq? :rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

It’s funny how lots hear an improvement in sound quality and a few don’t.
For me it was obvious. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Same as when adding a physically more massive & sophisticated PSU to one’s own streamer?

1 Like