Streaming Server for NDS

thanks, this is very interesting, my knowledge in electrical field is very limited.
I realized the impact of power supply when I added to ND5XS, my old streamer, an external power supply. I know several people buy on secondary market improved power supplies for their Node.
where do you think that power supply impact most? as far as I know a streamer has 3 modules: pure streamer, DSP, DAC. do you think they are all impacted or some more than others?

I do accept all different opinions. worth saying that there is a plenty of node + psu fans, now also teddy is making psu for node. I own both NDS and node, they are very differrent and play music, in my opinion they can complement themselves in some functionalities

@Blackbird you kindly posted some settings changes in audirvana to get radio working, at least I thought you did! Just went to try it and can’t find the post now…

It’s in here :blush: I’ve been playing mellow mix all day without problem. You can also go into output settings and check gapless and pcm boxes to see if anything improves.

Thanks. Is that on a mobile app? I’m using a Windows laptop app and I can’t see a Computer menu :thinking:

That’s in the Studio app running on my macbook. You don’t have a settings menu there? It’s those small gears you press to enter each setting. Settings/Audio/Computer. Otherwise try out their forum or support and share your debug info and they will help out :slight_smile:

It seems I don’t have the same options in Windows :slightly_frowning_face:

Oh I see :slight_smile: There’s a thread related to radio over at their forum right now related to windows so check it out.

Thanks for the heads up will do :+1:

1 Like

Just had a fiddle with the settings and changed from default WASAPI setting to KERNEL STREAMING (whatever they are) and radio is working :grin:

edit: that’s a shame it was working for a bit then started misbehaving

Wasabi I know but Wasapi is new to me :smile: Great it seems sorted! I very much enjoy the sound quality from Audirvana. Tomorrow NDS enter the building…

2 Likes

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

NDS up n running. With Audirvana and Hi-res tracks from Qobuz I get intermittent stops every like 1 minute for a few seconds. This didn’t happen with NDX2 and doesn’t happen with Audirvana, qobuz and 16/44.1 tracks. Have you had such issues @Stu299 ? Might need to reboot all things internet. Have made a reboot on NDS but same thing. Do I have to limit any audio settings in Audirvana for NDS to be compatible?

No that doesn’t sound right.

Does it happen with 16/44.1 tracks?

Nope that works without issues. Tidal HIFI works without issues too. Only hi-res tracks have this issue. Do you have “UPnP compatibility mode” in naim app settings on or off?

Also, the volume slider bar dissapeared when changing to NDS so I cannot move the progress bar now. Might be in need of a reset deeper into Audirvana in some way…

Just checked and mine is off. Never considered it before.

Presumably you’ve played HQ on your NDX2 before so it’s not a broadband issue?

Yepp more or less only hi-res so bandwidth is not the issue. Just swapped NDX2 for NDS with all things else identical. But I know it works with hi-res for you and another naimee so it’s a 1 or 0 stuck somewhere. Need to find it :slight_smile:

My Qobuz has expired so I’ve been using Tidal but I’ve been meaning to renew cos I’m pretty sure I prefer it. If you send me a track I’ll do a test listen on Qobuz.

Thanks! This album have issues on NDS for me (as do all with the HD mark).

Just started listening and I’ll report back. Very soothing just what I need :+1:

1 Like