Streaming Server for NDS

Tord have made many great records if you like that genre :slight_smile:

So you don’t have the travel bar on the timeline either? I had that with NDX2. So strange!

1 Like

There was a short pause a second or two into the first track and come to think of it I’ve known this happen before with Qobuz HD but from memory only ever on the first track of an album then it plays fine.

First track finished without any further pauses and second started fine.

I’m controlling Qobuz via Windows and all settings are default, I haven’t tinkered at all.

1 Like

Have you checked the firmware on the NDS?

Yupp, 4.8. Factory reset made. Screen shows UPnP is active.

Third track started and no further stops :thinking:

It’s good to know it should work because then the hick-up is not NDS compatibility at least :slight_smile: Will do some more work on it tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

No worries. 4th track now and still all good :+1:

1 Like

Changed from running Audirvana on macbook air via WIFI to mac mini via Ethernet. Played three songs now without issues. Macbook air over wifi worked with NDX2. I won’t spend time thinking of it and just focus on music now for a while :smile:

NDS is great by the way. I do not agree with those saying NDX2 with 555PSDR is very close to NDS with 555PSDR in terms of sound signature. They are different. None of them is bad at all. They are both huge performera but in a bit different way. More to come…

3 Likes

Look forward to hearing more. Are you feeding the NDS with the NDX2 yet?

Not yet. My plan is to do one change at the time. I usually fail every time :smile:

Yes that makes sense.

One step at a time. If you have the patience of course :joy:

1 Like

FWIW I generally have no problems streaming Qobuz HD via Audirvana on my NDS, but over the last few days I’ve experienced occasional brief dropouts at the beginning of tracks before playback resumes.

So possibly not a local issue?

No issues at my end at least :+1:

All sorted?

Works great now :blush::+1: And sounds better than ever. What a year with upgrades. Done! For now :smile:

2 Likes

Have you tried the NDX2 into the NDS?

Will do this weekend :+1:

1 Like

NDX2 naked with BJC BNC only serving as a streamer into NDS in now on. Let’s see what happens.

3 Likes

If it’s just a Naim streamer digital out that you want into NDS, why not get an ND5XS2?

2 Likes

No remote!