Supernait 3 upgrade options

I introduced the Synergistic Research Blue euf coaxial digital cable RCA > BNC last week and it has already taken some of bright temperament of the Oppo BDP105D’s digital out signals that I’m using as the transport. Much more air and better momentum. Much less mechanical sounding than the Canare Coaxial digital.

marcusman - The ink is drying on the sales order as we speak. Waiting for shipment. I will update the community asap.

1 Like

Avoptions folks are really good people.

1 Like

marcusman - Agreed! 100 %.

1 Like

I received my NACA5 today. What’s the break in period for these cables, what changes am I going to encounter? I’m pulling off low inductance very musical cables with high resistance at 10 awg.

1 Like

IMHO - it’s subjective to a degree…that said, mine took roughly a couple of weeks of constant play (background music always on during the day and night time listening) before I could say they’d reached consistency (to my ears at least) and have not heard major changes since. Sounding great.

Swam from one box to two tp three to five and back down to one with a Nova , where amplification is concerned .

Just tweaking my Nova with a Powerline - what a change that makes

Hello folks - I received my Super Lumina DIN5-5 cable today. Fit and finish are second to none. Since I’m currently breaking in the NACA5 Speaker Cables I didn’t leave them in the system. Just long enough to verify that they work. Oh my! do they. Took them back out and back to the NACA5 burn in. They’ve got close to 50 hours straight usage. Low volumes in the day, higher at night. I am on day 40 on the Supernait 3 burn in as well. She is getting better but she still needs more time as well.

4 Likes

60 + hours on the NACA5 speaker cables.
Getting better, marginally.

1 Like

75 + hours on the NACA5 speaker cables. Improving. Marginally. Everything is coming together, slowly. I’m impatient. Looking forward to Super Lumina DIN5-5 addition.
This is a very capable little system. Waiting for it to completely open up and breathe!

3 Likes

85 + Hours on the NACA5 Speaker Cables.
I so like what is developing. Driving the system at moderate levels all day today. I want the Supernait 3 to come to full operating temperature. The Synergistic Research Blue euf is a very nice upgrade over the Canare Coaxial digital RCA to BNC.

I’m patiently waiting for the NACA5 to come alive. 90 + hours currently. It still feels closed off and bass shy. I’m playing all the high quality media I have. I’m also running the Ayre burn in disc daily with the high frequency sweeps.

WIth due respect - re. naca5 not entirely sure what you’re waiting for.
The SuperLumina speaker cable OTOH - tool me probably a year to break in. System was unusable!

The NAC A5 should be fine from go. I doubt it will improve much. Superlumina will significantly improve the bass.

Hello MMky - Regarding the NACA5 cables. They are not near nearly as musical as I’d expected - so far, IMHO. The bass is fast but not as driving as I know the system is capable of producing. The system is brighter than with the Wireworld Eclipse 7. I know the Wireworld very well. Owned for over 3 years. Yes they are low inductance but so far they have outperformed the NACA5. They had much more punch at low volume and get better when pushed. They are “quieter” as well leaving a much better soundstage. I will give the NACA5 it’s due and leave it in the system for at least 45 days before doing an A/B comparison with the Wireworld Eclipse 7 with the adapters to correct the inductance imbalance. As stated above, it is getting better, marginally. Regarding the Super Lumina DIN5-5 cable. I bought the cable used from Nick at AV Options. It is Deep-Cryo treated and broken in. He’s advised that a re-settling of about 100 hours should get me where I want to be. So that should be a more seamless transition. So I’m holding off on the DIN5-5 install. I also have new power cables that I’m holding off on introducing. And a Synergistic Research AC outlet. Don’t want too many changes at once. Wanting the NACA5 to have center stage to show what it’s reathlly made of without confusion. In addition, the Supernait 3 has only 43 days of operation. It’s still getting its footing as well.

Not using the SL din cable is practically criminal.

1 Like

Have your NAC A5 cables been properly terminated by a competent dealer or did you do them yourself?

1 Like

Katzky2021 - I concur. However I don’t want to many changes in the system at on time. The SL aren’t going anywhere and will be added in due time. In addition, the Supernait 3 is still on its 44th day of operation.

Respectfuly - I would never attempt to terminate my own cables at any price.
G.1

2 Likes