Supernait 3

Richard?

1 Like

Oh my. There should only be one and only Richard here!

1 Like

This had me scrambling round the back of my SN3 this morning as from memory I just slammed the plugs into the back without giving it a second thought. Fortunately the team at Signals cater for this when terminating the Kudos KS1 cable with Naim connectors. I must have paid some attention (or got lucky as 50/50 chance) that I used the cables the right way round, both hang down but they swap the connections at amp end to be correct way with positives on the outside track.

3 Likes

Speaking of jumpers, do you have any recommendations? I don’t know what price range or brand I should be looking at, and what kind of material tend to work well with Naim.

If your running A5 I’d use that.

1 Like

If you use NacA5 you should use the same for the jumpers. I’d advise that you solder two sets of the pins from Naim SA8 plugs to make an F connection. That’s even better than jumpers.

2 Likes

Did you mean diagonal connection?

No, F. I’ve now added the explanatory photo.

1 Like

I see! I didn’t see the pictures.

Is this the same as bi-wire?

No. Biwire uses two sets of wires.

2 Likes

I see, thank you very much!

Any progress @Bjorn ?

Just replaced the metal bar jumpers on my Tablette 10s with 4mm OFC copper speaker wire, same as I run from the amp. Can’t tell any difference at all.

2 Likes

I used the supplied metal bars when I had my Tab 10’s. I find it very difficult to believe that Proac would go to all the bother of creating these little beauties and then provide a substandard link. If it was good enough for Proac then it was good enough for me

3 Likes

ProAc use biwire terminals because they are very popular in many of their export markets, particularly Japan. It’s generally accepted that replacing the links with cable improves things but an exception to the rule is always possible.

2 Likes

Hi Christopher! Yes, I was thinking about which way I should go…
But then an opportunity arose to buy a Nac272 together with a Nap250dr at a very good price, so I bought them instead. More than happy with this combo and its versatility!

The app is very good, I was concerned about it also but when you consider the bulk of quick listen or music on the go is controlled on your phone then its not the biggest issue in the world. Now if the control app was rubbish that’s a big problem.

Agree. SN3/HiCap DR/NDS/XPS DR. SQ bliss.

I’ve heard the SN3 once and it’s truly a superb amp. However, I wish one thing and that is the phono stage could have interchangeable modules. @anon4489532 is right in that it’s great with a good MM but the facility to swap to a MC would be really useful.

Regards,

Lindsay

6 Likes