System Pics 2019

Could be, seeing as Radio 2 is changing into Radio tw@t

1 Like

Uh, your socks are out of phase…:wink:

6 Likes

I’m not a fashion expert, but I think that having one sock inside out would be out of phase. Two different socks is like having different speakers - stand mounts in this case. Very Einsteinian.

3 Likes

You may be on to something there - either way, I am sure it affects the sound quality!

1 Like

Only change in the last year or so is the addition of a Headline2/FlatcapXS for my new beyerdynamic Amiron’s.

Very happy chappy.

23 Likes

Rare snowfall here Seattle, figured I take a system pic.

2018 changes:
552 Recapped and DR’d
500 Recapped and DR’d
ND555
UnitiCore (re-ripped entire CD collection)
Chord Music Interconnects + Ethernet
Super Lumina Speaker Cable
Cisco 2960 Switch

70 Likes

I thought I would finally participate. It’s impossible trying to get a decent picture in my tiny bedroom but here goes.

Speaker stands and additions to the rack are outstanding.

17 Likes

As always, Chris, a fabulous system and even more fabulous view.

2 Likes

Einsteinian would be without socks… he never wore any…

1 Like

A wider angle shot. Sorry, no socks…

26 Likes

Wow, what are those speakers?

Anthony Gallo Nucleus Reference 3.1

1 Like

Gallos !! I have those too in my video room. Great speakers.

1 Like

We had much less snow than that up here in Vancouver.

Wonderful system intergrated beautifully into your lovely room.

1 Like

My daughter bought me some Happy Socks For Christmas, and they indeed do what they claim. :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

6-8 inches of new snow is doing a great job of dampening the outside noise.

5 Likes

Yes, very. Whilst I’m no use at describing what I hear as well as others are able to, I would say the Amiron’s are very detailed, not overly sharp, and weighty. The give a clarity and spaciousness that only headphones can.
I tried them directly off the 272 at first and they sounded fine, but curiosity got the better of me so I went for the headline. As you may read elsewhere, I wasn’t convinced that there was a worthwhile difference at first, but then it all became clear - literally!

The Amiron’s were very tight for quit a while, the headband that is, but after several weeks use they now sit very comfortably and I barely remember they are there.

1 Like

Finally got to add a second Fraim base and rebuild it all. I had not done a rebuild and after 3 years the Fraim bits were mostly pretty loose. All got tightened up and cleaned up.

The TT isn’t quite level, so I’m probably going to just put shims under its feet, vs trying to level the entire Fraim. It’s not off by much, but it’s not perfect.

26 Likes

The Fraim’s quite easy to level just using the adjusters on the front feet as long as you’re not near the limits.