System Pics 2020

Good Morning All,

Sat here listening to Haircut 100’s ‘Pelican West’ (I was a lot younger then…) and had forgotten how well recorded it was. The reason for playing it was because I wanted to try something as my GIK Acoustic panels have arrived this morning and I’ve temporarily installed some of them.

OK so before anybody comments these corner units should only be one high but there are a couple of points to sort in the room first. One is the skirting board has yet to be installed meaning all four units will be secured clear of the floor. Second is that there will only be the one unit in each corner.

These sockets were installed at this height to clear the Victorian era skirting we’ll be having replicated. Thus all four corner units will be mounted at an identical height to just clear these sockets. I wonder how many comments there will be about the ‘rat’s nest’ of cables here?

There’s always an ‘odd’ corner!!

The other corner complete with rear wall bass trap.

One very temporary side wall panel ‘mounted’ (well lying on the Ikea unit).

Colour is Tummel and chosen to both contrast the wall colour and the curtains (ordered but not yet arrived or fitted.

Need to think about mounting the two ceiling panels…

Regards

Richard

15 Likes

Yes, the Atom is powerful enough for the Dynaudio Contour 1.4 LE. My livingroom is 25qm.

2 Likes

It is even powerful enough to drive the Contour S 3.4 LE! People tend to underestimate the power and quality of the Atom. :wink:

How do you create an ignore list? I might choose to do likewise.

Very nice combo of CB and black box!

1 Like

@Clive, your account profile:
Preferences -> Users -> Ignore +Add

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

58 Likes

@marka lovely set up i also have B&W 805 they are superb with NAIM electronics

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks. Job done.

SK - wrong thread?

Hi Richard.

Great to see you are embracing room treatment. That recess where you have put a GIK Tritrap in ( at this point not sure if you are joking :thinking:), would it be worth simply closing it off ie as wall and filling it up with acoustic wool, which you can also buy from GIK= an invisible corner bass trap… et voila!:grimacing: ATB Peter

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! …moved to correct thread.

Surely it doesn’t filter out all their posts while reading a thread?!!

Phil

Sorry, but LOLSMMAFO

(laughed out loud so much my arse fell off)

1 Like

Thanks very much @DrMark. Much appreciated

if you use the ignore feature you will still view the Users Name but no content of the message when moving through a thread.

1 Like

I thought those were C1. My dealer had a Qute running 5.4 off of a Qute so I do not under estimate the Atom either. Great little amps indeed.

1 Like

Peter,

The intention of retaining the original recess was to put in shelves to store LP’s - I hadn’t even considered room treatments when the room was being stripped out and re-built.

I’m not sure whether to use this Tri-trap or not i.e. just stick with the three - if I do then a corner is a corner - where else would I put it?

I’ve fitted the brackets to the two panels to be fitted to the ceiling.

I need to consult with SWMBO before fixing anything even though it is “my” room.

I had a listen to the system this morning after the very crude initial installation and the bass had certainly improved being much more ‘clear’ i.e. less muddy

Regards

Richard

I had a UnitiQute (same rated power as the Atom) running a pair of Contour S1.4. I thought it was not up to the task. I could not play orchestral or other demanding music. There just was not enough power/current to control the speakers in a satisfactory way. That is why I bought a 250-2, which made a night and day difference (as one would expect). I thought the S1.4 were just too much for the Qute to handle, except for undemanding source.

Dyns, especially Contour on up, just need a lot of current to provide good control and output, at least with the music I listen to. I just upgraded from my 250DR to a 300DR and appreciate even more how much that is true (for my Confidence C2 Platinum). I thought my 250 did a great job, and the 300 makes me realize how much I was missing from them. Playing Mahler’s 2nd with the 300 new and cold out of the box made that very obvious.

2 Likes