System Pics 2020

Here’s my side room rack. Used to have a CDX where the PS4 presently sits :blush:

6 Likes

Olive on Fraim in dark

35 Likes

Many years ago, I had my PlayStation rigged up through the audio system , when Lara Croft got out the Uzis they came through loud and very clear

The little CB 42-5 box of magic continues to weave its spell, majoring in involvement at the expense of some fidelity at the frequency extremes. There’s a load of stuff I should be doing, but when the music is this good …

23 Likes

Looks great Mr Tibbs, I think the 42.5 is probably Naims best looking pre.

Here is my contribution to System Pics 2020.

The system consist on ND555/552DR/500DR and Magico S3 MkII speakers.

The little chair is for my young daughter :girl:

I consider the room treatment as part of the system.
I posted the details on a different thread, and these pictures as well.
–> Don’t buy new speakers – The listening room reality

71 Likes

I love that colour scheme, @Thomas . So different to the usual.

1 Like

Thanks HiFiman, yes, the 42-5 is off the scale cool :sunglasses:

31 Likes

Can anyone else see the face behind the curtain to the side?

14 Likes

Yep.

I like a nice omelette myself
Seriously though a great retro idea👍

Here’s my contribution to the 2020 system pics and my first post. My system is a Roksan Xerxes X, Tabrizi, Audio Technica ART9/NDS/XPS2/52/SC/250/SBLs. The oldest surviving piece are the platters from my original black Xerxes, which I originally went half’s with, with an old friend and then flatmate. We were spinning these platters in c.1988 with a NAC 42.5/NAP 110/Epos es14s. The platters were the only components retained in an upgrade offered by Roksan to the Xerxes X, which by this stage were all mine! My most recent piece are my '95 mk2 SBLs which have just replaced my '87 SBLs. It sounds wonderful to me and I spend far too many hours locked away from my family in front of it!

35 Likes

Nice. Around then I was playing music on Xerxes/RB300/K9 into 62/140 into ES14s, fantastic system.
That looks lovely now, thanks for the pics. Nice to see Roksan decks in the forum. Oh, and welcome. :grinning:

No upgrade to speak of! Less toys and more colouring pens if that counts? A dining table now dominates, that is only used for colouring. I guess when uni comes along I might get my room back…

Atb
Kk

30 Likes

Thanks Eoink and thanks for the welcome. That was it, snap, a Xerxes/RB300/K9!

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from System Pics 2020:

Returning to hi fi after a long time. Started with a Atom and Elac Uni-Fi. Enjoying the system for a few months now…

21 Likes

Looks lovely but I would be itching to put the Elacs on a pair of stands either side of the cabinet.

1 Like

I agree. Sounds best now if I sit on the floor…

Chilling on a Sunday evening

71 Likes

That’s rather lovely.

1 Like