System Pics 2021

This is really nice. How lovely to have his input into something you enjoy so much. Rather puts the need to explain following up from a snarky comment into perspective.

22 Likes

Thanks Mike! My father recently made a “now playing” stand for my vinyl sleeves which has proved to be very useful too.

32 Likes

You are right, and I apologise to @Phil1 . It was unnecessary and unhelpful.

That said, I’d be interested to know whether they really do make a difference. Quite a few people seem to use them. One of my speaker cables runs through a conduit beneath the fireplace and I never heard the slightest difference between running it in the conduit or simply sitting on the carpet as usual.

14 Likes

Well, he has done a splendid job there. I’ve been thinking of getting my father-in-law to make me one, along with an iPad stand for my daughter, as he is quite handy with this type of thing - though now that he has sold the farm he doesn’t have a big workshop. There is something very satisfying with these things made by family.

When my step-dad was alive, I always enjoyed DIY projects with him, and have most of his old tools (he was a mechanic).

1 Like

I wonder if the lights on these new Solstice units can be configured to run in green color instead of white only…

2 Likes

Beautiful - perhaps this required a separate Topic of “Show Us Your Woodworking Projects”. If I get three or more likes, I’ll start one

10 Likes

I love the cable lifters and the beautiful install. Have you considered using the elastic bands to support the cables, isolating them from vibration in addition to having them hold the cables in place. I know Inakustiks does this. They claim its important. I wish they used bands to hold the cables on the lifters also, as they tend to fall off. Of course, that gives me something to do all the time, put the cables on the lifters!

1 Like

Thank you. We did add an additional spacer to prevent the wires touching where they are doubled up but I didn’t think of isolating them from the lifters with the bands, I’m keen to try it.

Home made pieces are always a bit special, I look forward to seeing the stands in @GadgetMan 's new woodworking section.
My father has a workshop in the garden where he spends most days creating all-sorts of wooden artwork, he’s quite restricted in his movement now but has built himself a chair so he can move around the workshop and continue to use all the equipment. He’s very talented and good at keeping himself busy which I think has really helped him through the pandemic. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Just don’t title the thread “Show us your wood”.

14 Likes

Been there divorce :grin: best thing going :grinning: tranquility is restored :shushing_face: nothing better than some wonderful hifi peace and a :wine_glass::beer: or two :yum::wink:

3 Likes

Looks great @Phil1

Looks like you’re powering the 72 from a Supercap, correct?

How are you liking the 72 vs the 52 so far?

1 Like

Hi snarfy, you’re correct about the Supercap. I’ve owned the 72 for a while now and have probably listened to more music on it than any other amplifier. It’s a lovely piece of kit. The 52 is a step up and more revealing but the 72 is no slouch and very enjoyable to listen too. I’m looking forward to the 52 and it’s paired Supercap returning after their service as I’ve yet to hear them performing to their full potential.

2 Likes

I had many happy listening hours with my 72/HC in my Olive days. The shoebox stuff is a lot of fun - would love a 72/HC/140 for a second system!

Or a Nait 2, or a Nait 3R…

6 Likes

I’m still enjoying my olive days with the 102/180 & napsc. Still needing to pickup a decent pair of loudspeakers though…we don’t have access to half the amazing gear a lot of you here have, I’ll keep looking though. All part of the fun I guess :relaxed:

2 Likes

What I thought, until my daughter " borrowed" my 72/hc/140 ( all serviced in Sheffield). Along with my Rega P25. :rage:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Northto!

A fine looking system…

3 Likes

Well, Roberto, at least you can’t accuse her of not having good taste… :wink:

I’ll get my hat…

3 Likes

Good to make the apology but let’s acknowledge the contribution of hungryhalibut has made to this forum.

3 Likes

Absolutely. That was never in question.

2 Likes