System Pics 2021

Failed stickum?

Running in a new bit of kit (top left) I may have to eat some humble pie…

Very early days but so far so good :+1:

14 Likes

I think that some of the plates get badly chewed up from the point of the three point connection to the n-Stands. Because the top two points are on knife edges, it’s sometimes easy for the speaker to move if nudged and then the third lower point gouges the plate or even dislodges it if the knock is violent enough. Worst I’ve seen were some demo units that looked really chewed after a while.

Well done Max on a very nice fix.

1 Like

Hi,

Richard explained it well I think. My pair had one remaining plate.
Thanks R., it was easy and fun thanks to the good preliminary job of the woman who cut the pieces…

Fair enough, the plates on mine are more or less pristine but then they’ve never been hauled around on tour.

Low light. The boxes seem to multiply somehow! Two HiCap DR joined in during 2021.

12 Likes

Very nice,

I see you that you have gone for the relatively(!) inexpensive Naim streamer and maxed out on the Chord upscaler and DAC. This works out about £5k cheaper than the NDS plus 555ps and it would interesting to hear how they compare.

My dealer is looking to add Chord to their product range so I may get future opportunities to hear a demo.

Keith

1 Like

Thanks Keith. The Dave / MScaler is everything I was looking for in digital replay, I have no words on how it sounds but when you’re dealer starts to stock the Dave go and have a listen, it’s superb.

2 Likes

Can I ask what the purpose is of the lower plate? In the pic without it it seems just a blank…

Sorry, I know nothing about Naim speakers.

The n-Sats ‘hang’ from the 2 pins that are at the back of speaker on the dedicated stands. An adjustable grub screw was lower down on the stand that rested on the back plate of the speaker (this afforded a little bit of play with the downward angle of the speaker). This arrangement de-coupled the speaker from the stand. Google an image to get a better idea.

3 Likes

Thanks @anon27418182…I had no idea!

@steviebee

Sorry I was late… but badlyread explained it perfectly.

1 Like

Why thank you! (bends at the waist and removes hat and extends arm holding hat to his chest…)

1 Like

You went from 282 to 252?

It came up quite recently in another thread too.

Strings glistening in the sunshine…

…and giving off a different kind of light (a gentle green glow!):

44 Likes

Didn’t see that James. Used to own a pair with stands before I stupidly sold them to a man with a lovely new Audi TT (new version at the time).

1 Like

Wasn’t me. I sold my TT before getting my nSats :grinning:

Here is a current picture of my humble system. Uniti Atom with Guru Q10 speakers:

Last updates were the dedicated Guru oak standpoints for the speakers this summer.
The sound improved a quite bit with them. I did not expect so much.
Power cable and speaker cables were replaced this year, too.

I know my systems and picture cannot compete with the extra ordinary systems and their environment shown here in the thread. Unfortunately the possibilities in my room are limited. But the system is sounding very good to me. I am having so much fun with it … Thank you Naim, thank you Guru. Thanks to the forum for so many helpful suggestions and recommendations.

I guess the next and maybe last update for some time will be a replacement of this ugly TV lowboard with something nicer …

49 Likes

I love the lighting with the Atom, looks really good, and the Gurus on their stands look really cool.

3 Likes