System Pics 2022

I get 187 per metre.

2 Likes

Thanks, so I’m about 10 or 12% pessimistic. Though not if I keep buying the Impulse Jazz reissues which drink shelf space…
Anyway, plenty of room I think.

1 Like

Whenever I try to work these things out, I always end up discovering it’s never enough.

And yes, damn those pesky Tone Poets and Impulse Acoustic Sounds reissues and their gorgeous but shelf-hogging tip-on gatefold sleeves!

6 Likes

Spendor D7.2s on home demo. Were the surprise winner against the Dynaudio Contour 30 and ATC SCM40.

28 Likes

Is another question as to how much the joist-ends in the bays will support? - i.e. on the assumption the primary support for the shelving will be in the vertical axis(?), noting the Celotex on the walls.

IME, older houses have joists set in to the brickwork (often only 4’’) and these can soften materially over time. Plus nearby soldier walls tend to settle.

2 Likes

All worthy considerations @HappyListener , but all good in this case. The load is taken by the 4x2’s you see in each corner which are bolted to the stone walls and their bases are also resting on the stone floor below too.
You are dead right to worry about the weight though. It’s pretty significant!

1 Like

I like the all-black look, very cool.

3 Likes

I’m glad you’ve reached a positive conclusion with the turntable Matt. How are you lighting up the back of the TV?

1 Like

Wow… That all looks fabulous!

1 Like

Eventually! …thankyou :relieved:

I bought into the Phillips Hue system years and years ago - now have 64 bulbs and things around the house - the TV has a couple of light strips behind it.

They do a device that dynamically syncs the screen colours with the light strips a la “Philips Ambilight TVs” …which I bought, but sent back as it actually just delivered a much too bright and white back lighting, making a very ugly light and off putting effect - as opposed to the floating effect that I like - so those two strips are permanently blue and permanently on.

2 Likes

But will that be a K-Rad 2? I found the the Klimax enclosure was quite an improvement in itself.

1 Like

Count how many there are in 10 or 20 centimeters, then multiply?

In a word……yes👍

2 Likes

You’ll have to let me know how you get on, Toon. I’m currently trying to resist, but I’ll be popping in to Rearsby tomorrow to collect a couple of boxes and some cables!

Will do. Rearsby will be my destination for the upgrade late Feb/early March.

Excellent. Pop in for a cuppa if you’re passing, I might have the 808’s run in by then.

1 Like

A very nice, clean look. I’ve seen this rack or similar ones in other pictures. Who makes it?

15 Likes

Something different the JD is a Christmas gift

13 Likes

Naim / Harbeth

Luxman / Marten

54 Likes

Thanks @LuckyLarue , that’s a French brand - Norstone.

1 Like