System Pics 2022

Very nice.

Love that Bonobo album and the Heavenly remix comps.

5 Likes

Thanks, Weatherall and I were friends at school together in the 70s so I try to collect things like these. The Bonobo album is just another great one from him.

3 Likes

New shelves!

Home made to fit inside the unit without having to modify the unit. Both on squishy rubber feet.

26 Likes

Nice :+1:

1 Like

I don’t like fast tempo music. But even in the latest hip-hop music that my wife sometimes listens to, the sound is great, but it’s not a quick response.
female vocals - I usually listen to, the sound density is very attractive.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum — great to have a Korean enthusiast here! :grinning:

I love Seoul; tend to spend every summer in there. It’s such a dynamic place; it changes all the time.

Do you get your gear from Scheherazade, or is there another decent Naim dealer around? I got my Sennheiser HD800S from them. They have a great range of headphone. During our time in Seoul I only have head-fi and a small Bose Bluetooth speaker…

2 Likes

That made me laugh.

1 Like

You are a model Naim customer. :wink:

I started with a Uniti 2 and now have a full 500 rig with all the bells and whistles.

I recon Unitis emit some kind of drug-soaked gas, and when inhaled by unsuspecting punters it addicts them to the music. As you go up the Naim heirarchy, Naim fill their boxes with stronger gas.

15 Likes

That explains everything!

thanks Dragon!
That’s right, it’s a very dynamic and intense city. So people here are probably very tired of their daily lives. Maybe that’s why I’m more into music.
Scheherazade in no longer name dealer, dealership changes to another company, but they are not receiving good reviews due to high repair costs.

I`ve got these naim gears and speakers as used from online audio community.

1 Like

What is the box the
Linn klimaxDSM is sitting on?

It looks like a Klimax Radikal to me.

Yep-Klimax Radikal. It is Linn Sondek CD12 cd player and not a DSM. 10 weeks delivery time on the additional shelf so they will have time to get intimately acquainted …

1 Like

A week or so after posting my ‘trusty’ TEAC ref’ receiver, an opportunity came up on a 2nd generation Arcam Solo Movie 5.1 that was too good to miss. 1 owner with box/accessories etc.

It took me a few evenings to set it up properly but it really it a big leap on from the TEAC. It incorporates a Blu-ray/SACD/CD drive and 5 channels of Arcam Class G amplification supplied by a pretty large toroidal transformer - critically it is 4 ohm stable.
The specs are:
2 channels driven 75wpc 8 ohm/120 wpc 4 ohm
5 channels driven 60wpc 8 ohm/75 wpc 4 ohm

While setting things up I discovered a faulty speaker terminal on one of the Celestions - I took the terminal apart, applied Deoxit and reassembled which has done the trick.

9 Likes

Why do you keep it in the oven? :flushed:

9 Likes

If the heat tightens, as it seems, it is likely that in the oven it will overheat and end up melting.

:laughing:
It keeps it hidden away - when you see the other end of the room with the main system it makes sense - domestic harmony and all :wink:.

P.S. I only ever run it with the front ‘door’ open and I put the cabinet together without the back on it.

That’s why I didn’t go for a full-sized receiver - especially Marantz/Denon as they are known to run very hot. This one runs cooler than the TEAC did :crossed_fingers:.

1 Like

At first glance I thought Naim and Exposure had collaborated and done a kind of A&R A60 teak wraparound.

Image from web.

Nicely done.

5 Likes

Ah bring back the wooden case.