System Pics 2022

The cable mess is no problem at all, don’t worry about it.

4 Likes

I found that the most important is for burndys, as they have to not touch themselves neither the floor or the rack. Then the phono cable has to be a bit away from power cables.
I speak for myself, have not verified if you have both or any of them.

2 Likes

Thanks, I have none of them.

1 Like

Honestly? It’s really a poor show. It needs a LOT more dust. Far too clean :laughing:

5 Likes

Ive seen much worst…in my house! Also is that a piece of bare copper wire wrapped around a terminal in the first pic?

1 Like

i think thats one of the ways to cure hum if the dac etc is unearthed like the qutest…

1 Like

Yes correct! It works but soon the Supernait 2 goes to the local Naim importer to have that wire replaced with a decent solution.

3 Likes

Will be interesting to hear what they come up with. I have the same issue.

Can’t the ND provide that link to ground?

The ND?

Will let you know, seems they have quite a simple solution

ND5xs2

1 Like

Possibly not if it’s only being used as a transport (the Chord may break the ground link); but connecting a din-din between the two (ie. not used for signal) might work…

Could be. I am not the expert, to say the least :wink:

1 Like

Naim User since a few years now back to the forum with new account.

This my Audio System:
At this time there is only one Naim in the living room. The Superuniti here is for a longer time my main system and i like it very much. A Mu-so QB in my office room.
Dali Mentor 5; Velodyne MicroVee X; Acoustic Solid 111 with Clearaudio Tracer Arm; Dynavector 5x10 MK II; Vinyl Preamp Trigon Vanguard with Volcano; Digital source Qnap HS 251+; Isotek Aquarius.
Joerg

40 Likes

It took a few months, but the system is finally run in. Enjoying every second of it

Iver

92 Likes

Stunning @IvdZ

2 Likes

Super - have enjoyed your process as you have shared it here! Enjoy!

1 Like

How do you know when it’s run in?

I haven’t posted any pictures in a while so thought I’d do an update. A while ago I sold my Atom and nap 200 and added some funds to purchase an NDX2. I then bought a nait 5si as a temporary solution until I could afford a supernait 3. After months of saving and getting nowhere I became a bit frustrated that I’d put myself in this position and started to detest the thought of spending so much money on my system when we have kids to put through school and a house to renovate etc etc. so I decided to sell the NDX2 and use the money to buy a Nova, a powerline, and some other bits to create a second system in the office. I couldn’t be happier. No more thoughts on how I can get hold of more money and no more feeling sick about the cost to performance ratio of the more expensive gear. The Nova is a really lovely balanced sounding system and has more than enough power for my speakers.

77 Likes