System Pics 2022

Thanks Mike,but no I do not have Apple TV.I seem to recall a while back when I turned my TV on,it was telling me to redeem a three month trial or something like that,but I never did. I hate paying a bunch of subscriptions, so I use Hd antenna and Netflix only.
Maybe I can cast it from my iPad somehow,but have not really tried that either yet.

1 Like

Excellent album Tangerine dream Rubycon some of their finest early works

3 Likes

Hi @Bandit - on my Nait2 the balance is actually pretty accurate when vertical and centred, even when listening at low volumes sat between the speakers (evening & weekend vinyl spinning). The reason why I have mine weighted to the right is that I listen off axis for much of the day when stood at the drawing board, just one of those room compromises.

3 Likes

Several ways to do this. In my case I have a dedicated HTPC bottom right. So HDMI to the TV (Volume = 0) and Roon over WiFi to the Naim system. If you cannot dedicate your laptop to your system then there’s Apple TV as another fellow mentioned… or casting or mirroring from iPad. Good luck!

2 Likes

Yes indeed it is … i’ve been revisiting early TD of late… have you ever noticed the left stereo channel on Rubycon is less than half the volume of the right on Ruby Part 1? … the sequencer is almost all on the right… weird but forgiven :slight_smile:

The Hooded Claw whispers… “He’s one of us, now…”

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You can use the built in browser on your LG tv and enable a display output on your Roon Core.
That will show the current playing track and other information, you can navigate and control playback from the Roon app on your phone or tablet.

2 Likes

Hi Matt,
Did you notice the difference when you moved the units from the long cabinet/shelf to the Fraims?
Regards,
Kevin

1 Like

Amazon Queen Penthesilea I think…?

1 Like

It’s central on the LP.

6 Likes

Hello to all fellow travellers in the Naim Community. My first post and, to begin, a thank you for making the forum open-access. I’ve been following discussions as a non-member for the best part of 2021 and the advice freely given has been invaluable.

My Naim journey began immediately prior to the pandemic, coinciding with a significant birthday, via a Supernait 3 alongside a Rega P6. Fell back in love with vinyl/HiFi after a 30-year absence and various upgrades followed. No plans to stream at present. Just before Christmas I was fortunate to take delivery of my latest purchase - a NAC 252 DR + Supercap, alongside a NAP 300 DR (on loan from my local Naim dealer - Gulliford HiFi). Like others on the forum, delivery of my new NAP 300 has been delayed due to component supply issues. I ordered mine in mid-October, and I can see others ordered earlier than that and are still waiting. Hopefully in early 2022.

Other components are a (rarely used) CD5si, a Rega P10 turntable with Apheta 3 cartridge and a Rega Aura phonostage. The speakers are Graham Audio LS5/9f’s, manufactured just down the road in Newton Abbot. My Isoblue shelves have an extension on the base plinths to enable a Musicworks Ultra G3 mains block to be slotted underneath, freeing up sockets and tidying up the multiple leads that were visible in earlier set ups.

The system resides in my snug. A small space off the main living room and perhaps not the most optimal for a powerful system, but I like to have a dedicated listening room where I can draw the curtains and lose myself in the music. High-fidelity, low-level listening is what I’m after - and I have to say the sound at the '8’oclock/9’oclock mark’ is wonderful, which is what it’s all about. What joy to have music played back with warmth and transparency. Thank you Naim - and Happy New Year to all.

98 Likes

Ah I see - many thanks for your reply.

Excellent wallpaper

4 Likes

Really nice place you have Richard. Looks cosy and inviting!

2 Likes

Nice story and a lovely looking room, for listening. The whole wall local map is a nice touch. Thanks for sharing.

How did you arrive at the choice of speaker?

You’re invited! :hugs:

Please afgverhart can I come too, would love to visit The Bridge :rofl: Best Peter
PS. your room looks fabulous.

1 Like

Been a few updates to my config since my last post in this thread - 300DR, ND555/555DR PS and a complete set of Witch Hat cables for the system (Anaconda’s and Morgana’s). The Linn has had a Karousel bearing, Kore subchassis, a HANA SL cartridge and Lingo 4 PSU added. The vinyl reproduction through the Superline/SuperCap is sublime and my LP collection has expanded as a result (plus many of my older albums have been cleaned).

I have also added a Muso for the TV in bith our lounge and garden room, plus a Muso SQ in our sitting room

48 Likes

Thank you Ratrat. I was able to purchase a pair of ex-demo LS5/9s (monitors) for my initial set up – and thought they were excellent. I decided to go for a floor standing version for a little more bass response. I was able to visit Graham Audio’s HQ prior to purchasing them.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, what a lovely first post, and what a lovely room and system.

1 Like