System Pics 2022

Of course, if you want the cats to be warm whilst sat outside you could get one of Elon Musk’s Starlink dishes.

https://www.the guardian.com/technology/2022/jan/10/starlink-satellite-dish-cats-elon-musk

Unsure whether we are allowed to link to newspapers so added a space between the and guardian to stop linking.

1 Like

Given your location, may I ask where you purchased the 808s? If from Audience, were you able to borrow a pair for home demo prior to purchase? Additionally, did Audience do the upgrades on your LP12? Thanks.

If he can herd cats he must be a genius.

1 Like

Nice system and lovely wallpaper!
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

No change to my system, but moved house and managed to split brain and bran as much as I could.
No definitive setup, but a first try, waiting for a additional FRAIM shelve to come in.

Listening to a nice Nina Simone album.
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

49 Likes

I’ve been playing with some tape the last couple of evenings. I borrowed the Tri-Tracer Remote control from my Nakamichi 700 to use on the 582. Pleased to report it works perfectly (and also works perfectly on the BX300) which is a result.

38 Likes

Please keep us grounded in the best of the past👍

2 Likes

Hey Clive,

We were in a lock down and I saw a demo pair available from Cymbiosis, I took a punt on exchanging my 707’s but had an option to return if they didn’t work in my room.

Luckily they did, so it was worth the gamble. At the same time I had a LP12 that was my mum’s that had been in my loft for the last 9 years. Aa I learnt from this forum that Peter was the man so I asked him to service and upgrade a few parts that then led onto more upgrades in a very short time!

3 Likes

Lovely Pup too !

3 Likes

Ah thanks, Andy. I remember discussing the 808/707 story with you before, but hadn’t realised your location. Audience is my closest Linn/Naim, and is indeed a very good retailer, but like you, I prefer to take my LP12 to Rearsby. Peter has offered to bring a pair of 808s here for home demo here too.

:ok_hand:
I have Nakamichi RM-5 remote to operate with the Dragon. Compared with the dedicated one is missing the reverse play but otherwise is quite OK. Works with BX-300e as well.

17 Likes

In with the new, deferred for re assessment :flushed:

My modest system. I enjoy looking at the other photos so thought I ought to post mine.

56 Likes

i’m always relieved when i see other people have things on top of their speakers…

7 Likes

Wow…!!! Cool Mum…!!

3 Likes

I think I have seen it mentioned before but it stops the cat! I don’t mind him sitting on speakers but he likes pawing at the speaker cone.

Excellent speakers those beauties

2 Likes

Thanks. Now spinning…

19 Likes

I’m very pleased with them, but you do need to be in an equilateral triangle with them to get the best out of them. I used to have TB2i.

Like the Falcon speakers I home demo some a while back superb very detailed and superb midrange clarity especially vocals. Really enjoyed them

2 Likes