System Pics 2022

No Iver, just like Duke Ellington, that is your “Black and Tan Fantasy!”
It’s an expression of your trailblazing good taste! :+1:

2 Likes

@DrMark :joy::joy:

Thanks, it’s starting to sound mighty fine too.:grinning:

That wall looks amazing. Great system as well.

1 Like

Those Amati speakers are gorgeous. I have owned 803d’s since new in 2006 through many system reiterations. Do you have any comments on the sound signature difference between B&W and SF? My ears are old and if I switched speaker brands I wouldn’t want to give up a clear top end (or nice slam for that matter). Cheers.

Mo: Where did all the boxes go ?

Me: Well, I traded in the 252/SuperCapDR/300DR and the Denafrips Terminator DAC for an Aavik I280 Integrated amp and an Aavik D280 DAC

Mo: We’re keeping the NDX though, right ?

Me: Why ?

Mo: It’s warm …

Me: We’ll see …

45 Likes

I love that rack.

3 Likes

Hi Tim,

Had 804d2’s for 7 years driven by everything from a superuniti, to a 250dr to a 500dr. I upgraded to the Amatis to take advantage of a large room and the 500 system. I agree with you re:slam and top end and consider the B&W’s great value. Only negative for me, the diamond tweeters are fragile. (I had 2 replaced).

Sound signature of the amatis is more rounded, less punchy. More detail at lower volume listening.
But not a huge difference given the price differental.

1 Like

Oh. I actually thought it was a very clever way of making the base layers look less obtrusive.
There is probably some design or artistic language to describe the effect, but the effect is of a “stealth” base.

2 Likes

NAP 100 is doing good!

41 Likes

That looks stunning @IvdZ. Bet it sounds like that too. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No doubt man ! @RvL very happy with my sound

Gosh those JBLs are a thing of envy. They are a serious design statement too. Like the aesthetic version of comfort food, maybe Kraft Dinner. I mean that as a compliment.

2 Likes

Right, bought them mostly because of their look. And they sound better than my former Neats SX1, which was an expectation also.

2 Likes

Always enjoy this thread so thought I’d share my system…I’m no photographer sadly :sweat_smile:

56 Likes

Definitely a vinyl lover then :wink:
What’s you’re favourite record right now?

Been getting back into House a little bit lately, particularly enjoying St Germain - Tourist and I just pre-ordered the 25th Anniversary edition of Jamiroquai - Traveling Without Moving too…take me back to my yooof!

You could ask me another day and get a totally different answer though…had Pete Fountain on earlier!

3 Likes

This is my ‘slightly’ :rofl: modded Technics SL1200mk2

30 Likes

And this is my GyroSE. If I had more space, I’d probably have more turntables…wall shelves maybe! :open_mouth:

21 Likes

Fabulous choice…

Got it on both vinyl and CD format. Just love the album.
Here is my vinyl copy …

Had the CD in the car recently and played it maybe three times over on a long journey.

17 Likes