System Pics 2022

Loving the Solstice! VERY musical. VERY ‘ND555-like’.

2 Likes

We call that the " @anon4489532 shot."

1 Like

I love your record stand :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve been adding them one at at a time. I’d say the benefit was most pronounced on the NDX, which is where the first one went after some trial and error. I’d like to get one on each shelf eventually.

The biggest gain of all though came from putting my speakers on Gaia’s.

1 Like

I’ve had a rearrange of the rack order after a discussion over on the “252 sound signature” thread. Very pleased with the improvements to openness and cohesion just by swapping a few boxes around.

Then, I thought I’d try stacking the 3 powerline tapon plugs direct into a wall socket (order is 250/SC/555), bypassing the Isotek power-board. I’ve had the 250 direct to the wall socket for a while, which was beneficial, but this is the first time I’ve moved the SC and 555 from the Isotek to the tapon piggy-back set up. This was interesting, as it gives a more visceral presentation with increased pace and a lowering and tightening of the lower end - I’m picking that the larger power supplies benefit from the direct power feed and provide the cleaner power that doesn’t benefit from the Isotek filter. So, I will stick with this arrangement.

20 Likes

Fantastic record stand - can I ask where your sourced it from please ?

When you explained that to Mrs. Mike what did she say?
:joy:

3 Likes

She was breathless…

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

A few asked about my record storage unit:

It’s from a small husband-and-wife (Brit and Jason Prather) team here in the States now known as Divider-Records. Every item is hand built and thus there is a wait for production. I have no idea if they ship outside of the continental US.

@JosquinDesPrez told me about them a couple of years ago, and he has this identical unit I believe. It’s a ‘custom’ design for us black Naim Fraim owners, to match. They work in several other woods and metal finishes.

26 Likes

Thank you. I’ve been enlightened by a new way to plug in my power hungry components. I’ll trial run this against the MusicWorks distribution block

1 Like

Brilliant - like being in a record shop except all the records already belong to you!

11 Likes

That’s a really nice solution. Great looking furniture too.
What do you plan to do, when you’ve filled it ?

1 Like

Interesting setup. Are the switches in the wall sockets necessary? (they do not help SQ)

1 Like

Speechless?

I’ve essentially stopped buying. I have everything from the 70’s (late 60’s re Beatles) that I want. And a number of true jazz “classics.” And a few of my fav cello lp’s. So I feel comfortable stopping, as Qobuz/ND555 gives us access to almost anything else we could ever want.

That’s fascinating that you are now comfortable - as an end point - with a vinyl collection. I envy you.

For my part, I can’t stop myself. At least not quite yet. There are quite a few more I would like to add into my own collection. And I’m finding new music all the time, some of which I would like to have as a vinyl copy.

KR
R

3 Likes

Thanks - have done some digging and it’s called the ’ Morad Unit’ and sadly US shipping only.

1 Like

Hi, kimber is exactly the cable you shouldn’t use with Naim amplifiers. Please talk to your dealer about trying something else. Naca5 is the obvious choice. The inductance and capacitance of kimber, with its woven construction, can make Naim amps unstable.

2 Likes

Hi, i have a nac5A and witch hat audio phantom cable, but the kimber cable sound Best of the 3.
The Old oliven serie and older naim amps is fossy about cables but de newer Series it’s not at problem according to my naim dealer her in Denmark.