System Pics 2022

Looking forward to a possible 272 replacement

31 Likes

This system for about a year now, so enjoyable.

52 Likes

Wonderful, I don’t think I’ve seen the Totem Winds on the Forum before. I have the Forest Signatures and have always wanted to hear the Winds. My room isn’t really big enough for them, I believe they need quite a bit of room and more than a 250? How do you find them?

1 Like

Having heard and liked the Hawk and Forest, I was disappointed when I briefly heard the Winds: I strongly suspect that it was due to the partnering electronics (Einstein?).

I always thought that the Totem speakers of that period would work well with Naim amps. The Winds were too rich for my financial pallet, to say the least. If they build on the strengths of the Forest they should be good!

Nice system you got there and love the speakers. Always wanted a listen to those but never did.

Mike, I did listen to quite a few other speakers, I found the Winds to be clean and uncoloured, and the bass pretty pure. The Forests were v good too. My room is about 23x15 ft, the 300 seems to handle the speakers without strain even at “concert pitch”.

1 Like

Hadn’t heard of the ATC’s before, they look great, but I think you’ll be really happy with the Spendors.

My experience is that you don’t have to set them up with too much toe-in, and you can get about 10-12" from the wall no problem. Enjoy @nicnaim.

1 Like

My current system, perhaps out of place here because it’s Naim-less:

IMG_0803

Esoteric K-07Xs CDP, Bow Technologies Wazoo amp, Klipsch Heresy III speakers.
Cables are DIY XLR interconnects, Van den Hul Clearwater speaker cables. Van den Huls were in a drawer, but I plan to replace them with even less fancy wire.

It took me a long time, some money and a lot of mental refurbishing to get here. In turn, I still can’t take a decent picture with either camera or iPhone.

79 Likes

30 Likes

Very nice
Lovely mid-century vibe in the room
Great place for listening to music :+1:

2 Likes

10/10 for the room alone.

5 Likes

I could just imagine bit of Mario Lanza or Ted Heath Orchestra wafting out into that room, whilst reading the Daily Sketch. PS this is meant as a compliment!

2 Likes

Thanks! I love our living room, and the Heresy IIIs actually blend in with the rest of the furniture quite well. They still need some run-in, but are easy on the ears and the eyes.

3 Likes

Sure
I get the musical reference to same period.

I’m not a huge fan of things 70’s.
But I happen to quite like the whole “mid century” revival that’s current in interior design at the moment.

Maybe it’s the unfussy simplicity of furniture, chairs and sideboards.

Anyway, lovely room for relaxing and listening

1 Like

Love the Rega

My first tube amp. Push pull KT88 design. It’s interesting.

34 Likes

Looks nice Chris…….just for cosy warm winter nights listening!

1 Like

Crosswinds - Billy Cobham

2 Likes

Nice to see another Bow amp in use, I am currently listening via a ZZ One. It’s the third one I have owned, I keep returning to them like you did to the N-Sat.

1 Like

I bought my first one fifteen years ago; it was a Wazoo XL. Stereophile reviewed the non-XL with a lot of caveats, but I still like it very very much.

3 Likes