System Pics 2023

:rofl:

4 Likes

You could become very rich selling those artisan lamps😂

4 Likes

I Hope you understood the intended intention of my joke :grin:

6 Likes

Second system. Mostly, ahem, a load of Schitt. Needs to burn in, but already sounding surprisingly good.

14 Likes

Moved a few things around.
Including the lamp… :wink:

In the end, stripped everything down, dusted, thoroughly cleaned and reconnected.

Quite satisfying really.
Spring must be in the air today.

The capable Epos ES14’s are being worked much harder, driven by a SuperNAIT 3.

Also been experimenting with our nDAC, combined with an Innous ZENmini mk3 S.
(Note to stacking police : it’s just temporary).

Will probably leave it like this ( below) for a few weeks now and enjoy lots of music.

Linn LP12 → Rega Aria →
Naim SN3 + HC DR → NACA5 →
Epos ES14 c/w Epos floor stands

The Innous ZENmini mk3 S + LPSU, was a latter addition to the room. Our original plan was for vinyl only. But found we missed our CD collection. So the shoe box Innous was added to allow access to our 1000+ CD albums, in a way that leaves all the lovely vinyl records as the focus.

Still haven’t quite finished with the Kallax units. One or two further “adaptations” left to do, which I intend to look at over the next few weeks. Also, (note to myself), must sort out those levels between the units.

Currently playing, Paul Brady : I Want You to Want Me.
From, Spirits Colliding, (1995).
Streaming from the ZM server.

Nice Sunday morning vibe, with coffee and reading.
Happy Sunday listening to everyone.

79 Likes

It looks very good and gives everything a nice cohesiveness. And Kallax is a beautiful living room element from „Ikea’s high end supporting department“. I think with glass panels under the Naim units and the approach of @Xanthe (Click here) the decoupling from the Kallax would be even better. I had a large improvement in a similiar situation(Click here).Enjoy your listening sunday.

1 Like

Dear @Wilfried
Thank you for your generous comments and positive suggestion.
Actually, I’m already working towards such ideas. As hinted in the post above.

However, before doing such things, we have to decide which items to keep in this room, (prior to ordering custom size glass pieces). It all takes time. No reason to hurry. And, as this is a hobby, can be fun too.

Nice to know we are like minded people.
Watch this space. :+1:

Edit : p.s. Did you notice the IsoAcoustics carpet spikes, under the Kallax legs?
Luckily, they fit the diameter of the IKEA feet perfectly. Allowing direct connection through into solid concrete floor beneath.
Lots about this set up, that is not standard Kallax.

4 Likes

I’m from Hull, I remember the store at the end of Beverley Road, the place my youngest brother got his first job after leaving school, a long time ago now!

2 Likes

Looks simply awesome.

2 Likes

I agree - classy and aesthetically pleasing.

1 Like

I agree completely. The core of our hobby is listening to music, only then the improving the system. Music is very important for me to relax in the evening or at the weekend before the business week will start again. With the Naim system I have rediscovered this. I also got a lot of advice from the Naim forum. There are many educated members here with a lot of experiences and the interaction is friendly, benevolent and respectful. Thank you also for pointing out the IsoAcoustics carpet spikes under the Kallax legs. I have not seen that before. Great, if it brings an advantage. And I am always interested if you share your further experiences.

5 Likes

Second ‘system’ mojo poly hd660s

19 Likes

Aside from that being a really nice system…
It’s also a classy picture.
Looks a comfortable, relaxing place to sit and listen.

BTW, love Sennheiser headphones :+1:

2 Likes

The best club night I ever had was seeing Ben Watt DJ in San Francisco in 2004. He sent the place into full meltdown.

1 Like

Cheeky Frenchie :sunglasses::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

After many years of expense and anguish with my favourite lamp I’ve seen the light.
Less is more.

20 Likes

it means naughty ?

I think to finish it all off, the JVC should have 1 IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze puck under it. End game.

6 Likes

The stupid thing is, from that joke pic, the JVC radio looks quite nice.

3 Likes

552 :green_heart: 500. Best friends forever :black_heart: Everyday is a jaw dropping moment.

65 Likes