System Pics 2023

Thanks Nick

I’d never heard of them but they certainly look impressive.

Enjoy your music.

1 Like

It is a swiss brand, which has been around in Europe for quite some time. I was so impressed by them in a shoot out against B&W 804 and Monitor Audio 300, that i bought them straight away.

That’s rare air I’ve always wanted to hear the 804s. I’ve never read a bad review about them so your speakers should good. :+1:

2 Likes

People always post pics of their kit, so I thought what about a few of all the boxes it comes in?

The boxes for all the new bits for the system and the new bedroom speakers.

The collection of hi-fi boxes in a messy garage.
As I was putting the new boxes away and my original 79 Linn box away, I thought about how little space the LP12, 42/110 and Kan boxes took up. A neat little pile in the back of a wardrobe would do if that was all the storage space you had.

How do people without garages or big attics store all their boxes?

17 Likes

It’s all here.

Ah OK, I thought it was another listening room reality thread and the extremes to which people are prepared to go with room treatment

3 Likes

I could not identify the boxes for the ATC SCM40?
What was in the Rega box, you profile does not mention any Rega?
Speakers?
Pleased to read you are enjoying the 222/300/250.
Thanks

Lovely speakers, I’m a big fan of Piega.

1 Like

Hope it is not too late where you live, but here are my thoughts about the speakers i had the joy of listening to during the last 9 or so months:
First i wanted a more affordable speaker, so i had the chance to listen to the Focal Kanta 2, Bauer Ls 3g, Harbeth Super HL 5 plus XD, ATC SCM 40, all fronted by NDX2/Supernait3.
I found the listening experience to be very good for the Harbeth (i thought, the sound signature was very similar to my Monitor 30.1 with more bass extension and a somewhat smooth top end) and excellent for the ATC (what a nice speaker, for rock music anyway). If the dealer would have given me his demo pair, i would have bought them right away. But he wouldn´t and the waiting time for english speakers back then was quite signifikant. So i went back home and listened to my speakers (the Harbeth M 30.1 and the Kudos X3). After a while i realized, that i already have a very good system that brings me joy and that one of the above speakers would be a step up but that i don´t need a new pair of speakers now.

My dealer told me about the Kudos Titan 606 and that he thinks it´s a dream speaker. So anyway after a few weeks the 606 were available and i booked a demonstration (again with NDX2/Supernait 3). And that session changed my thinking about what it was, i was searching for. More of everything, more bass, but fast, not boomy, dynamic, a top end that revealed detail en masse, a “real (of course not)” soundstage in width and breadth and height. So then i decided to save money to go the extra mile and listen to some more speakers in the 10 - 15 k € region.

I then listened at a different dealer to the Kef Reference 3 Meta (with Nova). What a gorgeous speaker, what a finish in white gloss, excellent top end, three dimensional soundstage but maybe a little lean in the bass (maybe due to insufficient run in time, maybe due to the nova?). I was tempted, but not yet convinced, and i wanted to listen to more speakers.

So last week i went to a third dealer and listened to B&W 804 D4, Monitor Audio Platinum 300 3G and Piega 611 Coax 2. Gen. fronted by Yamaha C-/M-5000 Pre-/Power combination. Streamer/DAC was a Silent Angel Munich M1. So no Naim available, rather cheap streamer/DAC, high end japanese amp. Haven´t listend to japanese amps for a very long time (last time it was Acuphase in the 90s), so sceptical but open for the experience.

The 804 is a very nice speaker, stunning design (at least to my eyes, my accompanying friend hated it), very good top end, nice voices, great soundstage but maybe a little lean in the bass.

Monitor audio: A monster, big, bass without end, but good,fast, maybe a little special in the midrange. Voices a little harsh, top end nice, not as revealing as the Bowers .

So at this point i wanted to say thanks for the demo, but both speakers are not completely my cup of tea. I wanted to call my first dealer and listen to the Kudos again, they were the speakers i wanted in the first place anyway.

Then the dealer said: You wait and listen to the Piega, they are brand new, not yet completely run in (100 h done, at least 100h yet to go). Furthermore i´ve read a review of the Piega 601 in the german magazine Stereoplay from late last year and it was good (ranking above the Focal Sopra 3, Magico A3 but stating that listening to the Piega was like " taking a bath in bright information", which was not at all what i wanted.

But the dealer insisted and i was blown away: Exactely the sound i wanted, revealing, sure, but not harsh, beautiful voices, great soundstage, from what i remembered on the level of the Kef, more than sufficient fast bass, dynamic. Furthermore a very decent look. So i bought them.

Now I´ve had them for 4 days and i love them. I listen to a lot of very different music (this morning it was Iowa by Slipknot, not exactly an audiophile recording) and they are a good match with my Naim stuff (which was a bit of a risk, i am very much aware of that, but i could return them). I am a very happy listener.

So all my best wishes to the members of this forum all over the world who contribute to this forum.

From the Wagner town of Bayreuth, Germany

Mat

21 Likes

Atb
Kk

13 Likes

Do you get equal Veto power over shoes and female apparel? I thought not. :upside_down_face:

Very interesting, never read anything with Piega paired with Naim. In which price range are they?

Viel Spaß damit :wink::+1:

1 Like

They are listed for 15500 € in black

1 Like

The ATC boxes are both the really big boxes on each side of the garage.
Rega box had RX1s in for the bedroom system, which gets mentioned in my profile blurb.

2 Likes

Hi!
I love the looks of my son mini system. It sounds great and honest to his music. We tried several of my old stuff that was on the shelf but this was the best for his small studio. I always loved the IBLs but these never found the right room to fly until now. Originally I used a Nait 1, with these and we tested also this combo again but even in this small room it was not enough. Now he has an NAP 160 BD and it is singing.

36 Likes

they don’t!

2 Likes

Turn the Radikal unit 90º one way or other so the blue light shines to the side.
It’s also far far far easier to plug and unplug the Radikal sideways on :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

11 Likes

Thanks, hope you did not mind the intrusion, and sorry I missed the profile blurb, though I have followed the link…
I had not appreciated the large ATC boxes…
I might mention I have a couple of large boxes that are coffin sized, stored in the loft with instructions to be used when the time comes, and to be decorated by any grandchildren, or anyone else that cares to mark the occassion, on the box so to speak. There are two boxes, one for me and one for Mrs fergch, not necessary to use at the same time.
Also there are boxes for all the various hifi, and other stuff, that might be sold on, once one of the large boxes has been used for me.
Thanks

1 Like

There should be a total ban on blue led lamps…everywhere…
Especially the large led lamps used for illumination on or in buildings…

1 Like