System Pics 2023

That’s a beauty too

Please excuse topic drift for this very important subject…

Some years ago, my kids also gave me a Star Wars Lego kit for Christmas, just like @Adam1 , same gig.

Don’t know who enjoyed making it more. Myself or the kids?

Our “collectors edition” X Wing Fighter is huge. It’s impressive and much prized in our house.

Think Star Wars Lego is a perfect gift for children of all ages :joy:

BW
R

Edit. :
We moved home recently and it got packed away.
Just found it. Pic here…

Tempted to build it again :thinking:
Apologies again for topic drift.

5 Likes

Cheers @Dan360 , how to make a man feel insignificant!

Awesome Falcon

Now Lego needs to produce a model for Speedo Ghost!

1 Like

I always think they look rather nice stacked like that!

2 Likes

Sure
It makes for a great photo study too

1 Like

It has no business sounding as good as it does and that’s with the no added power supply.

I played around with it using the internal DAC then Coax and USB to the HugoTT.

When you use the USB output it shuts off both the internal DAC and other digital outputs. That way works the best.

1 Like

Hi @nicnaim
Thanks for your positive comments

When I first heard the ND5 XS2 in detail, (see earlier report, below) one of my first thoughts - like you - was that it’s an exceptional streamer. I would be happy to use it, as it is.

But, already owning an nDAC, my long term plan was to use it with our Naim DAC first. Then, over time, maybe add a PSU too.

The nDAC is a brilliant external DAC. We move it around at home and use it for several things, for TV, (for Glastonbury and other tv concerts), for a universal disc player, for a cd player, etc, etc.

One big drawback with the nDAC is it doesn’t do USB, (which is probably a big issue now, in the market). So far, we’ve been able to work around this and find great digital source products that always have digital out on SPDIF, etc.

We’ve looked at Chord products. I’ve always been impressed with their DAC’s. Particularly Qutest and Hugo. But slightly prefer what the nDAC does. If we didn’t have the nDAC a Hugo would probably be next on my list.

If we get a chance to borrow a Hugo or HugoTT we will do as you suggest and explore that idea.

Finally, having heard what it does when configured ND5 XS2 - nDAC - XPS DR, already understand what I’m aiming for …

BW
R

4 Likes

The HugoTT’s are a great value used just like the nDAC’s. I’d probably still have my nDAC but wanted something that would take up less space/levels.

My Linn takes up 3 levels with the Radikal and phono stage so having a good streaming set-up that fits on one level was my #1 goal.

2 Likes

My stack of old Classics still sound mighty fine to me. :grin:

66 Likes

I’ll bet they do Pete , a great combo

3 Likes

That’s a mighty fine looking system you have there Pete.

2 Likes

If only you could get your central green lights to line up :wink:

1 Like

Sorry Pete - port hole still there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

37 Likes

Least they’re green. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I remember your older Classics too. :+1: :sunglasses:

19 Likes

Those were the days. :grin:

2 Likes

Tell the truth, is that a Stargate?

2 Likes

Hi @micksimon31 looks really nice :ok_hand:t3: Can I ask what size is the TV? Thank you!

1 Like

@vix2801 Thanks very much. The TV is 55".

1 Like

There was once a high end CD player called the Helios Stargate. I remember a review in a 1990s copy of What HiFi - quite an unusual (and expensive) looking object at the time IIRC.

5 Likes

I have this year gone for ATCSmc40 driven from my 250DR. Lovely speaker enjoy

4 Likes