System Pics 2023

The Rega is just being used as a transport and it definitely sounds better via the Dac V1 as you would expect. Not that the Rega’s internal DAC is not bad, it just isn’t on the same level.

4 Likes

I look forward to your impressions as I also have a D2 that I’ve used as a transport only (old amp) and as a transport / DAC for my Nait2.

1 Like

They look fabulous, Slam.

1 Like

Fresh out of the box, here are my new Sonus Faber Electa Amator III.

62 Likes

They look very nice and are not so common in the forum. How do they sound in your system? Enjoy!

Thank you! I just finished installing them, so I have not done any serious listening yet. I will report back in my other thread about them once they are fully broken in.

1 Like

A lovely sunny morning here in the bitter winter of North Queensland Australia. :cold_face:

61 Likes

After a speaker wax session I today worked on positioning. Man do these beauties paint huge wonderful pictures of music. If you never listened to Tannoy and point source speakers I recommend doing so.

30 Likes

vax session or wax session ???

1 Like

Sorry for Swenglish :smile:

3 Likes

Currently trying out 30 watts of Class A with a Sugden A21 SE into my Neat Ekstra’s.

Innuos Statement > Mutec MC3 + USB > Naim Dac V1 (fixed output) > Sugden A21 SE > Neat Ekstra’s.

26 Likes

Nice, that Sugden is supposed to be a gem and is on my ‘to hear’ list.

1 Like

Do you deal in Hi-Fi kit or just have a lot of (very nice) kit knocking around ?

1 Like

@ Yorkshireman
I’ve a good friend not on this forum auditioning that very amp with the 50th anniversary version to choose from. :thinking:

2 Likes

Not my system, but as described on another thread, I’ve just visited the Freddie Mercury exhibition so this is from his house!

Apparently this was a ‘pro’ system installed in the bar of his conservatory.

15 Likes

I’ve been impressed with the build quality and sound and it looks and feels even better in real life. I don’t like the domed small screws on the top and it does get hot but the rest is very nice.

It’s my first foray into Class A so just getting used to it, it does timber and texture very well and it has plenty of power/grip for 30 watts.

It was a bit boring with one of my valve dac’s but sounded nice and lively with the Dac V1 set to fixed output.

2 Likes

I just can’t bare to sell stuff and really like buying HiFi and experimenting with different combinations :wink:

10 Likes

Another (now ex) technics man. :+1:

2 Likes

Misstake

Roksan Xerxes

4 Likes