System Pics 2023

Because 2 wasn’t enough? :wink:

5 Likes

Are you based in the UK, the US or elsewhere?

And I’ve always wondered what a pair of spatial audio open baffle speakers would sound like with a Naim system.

My wife asks the same question! My entire system is in a state of flux and the PMCs will likely be sold once I’ve had a chance to try my soon to be re-capped Nait2 with them.

The Active LS50 Metas (with an R400b subwoofer) are used with the TV and I enjoy the KEF sound every once in a while to compare and contrast recordings.

The bottom line is that I don’t have any dealers that I work with so when I get tempted to try new things out it means buying them unheard.

2 Likes

I’m in the US (UK expat) and seeing other system pictures has reminded me of how much more space we have in our rooms over here, which makes open baffle speakers much more viable. The Spatials are about 1.4 meters from the front wall and a meter from the side walls so plenty of room to breathe.

I tried multiple amps with them but I kept going back to my Nait2, so when I noticed a good deal on a Nova I decided to try that. They match really well with the Nova, especially the bass which is in a whole different league from anything in a box. With subwoofers, my room has a very low frequency mode that gets excited occasionally (I’m lucky it’s so low) but the Spatials can play the same tracks’ bass loud, tight, clear and very convincingly.

I still think I have more potential to get out of the Spatials which is why I’m considering the NSC222/250.3 combo to go with them.

5 Likes

Have listened to a lot of Dynaudio’s speakers and personally think they become stiffer and less musical the higher up the hierarchy you go, but as you say, tastes are different. Anyway, good luck with your new speakers :+1::grin:

In my 22x22ft room I went from this in 2019.

To this in 2023.

39 Likes

You need a bigger room. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

And a new light bulb

8 Likes

Do you listen to music in there, or simply wander between boxes playing ‘eeny meeny miney mo…’ :wink:

I would be overwhelmed by the multitude of nagging choices!

1 Like

Keep the lights off or your eyes closed and you don’t have to look at or think about the mess :laughing:

1 Like

Which power Amp stand is that in the 2nd pic - I NEED one :P.

It’s a Quadraspire X Reference. They are not cheap.

2 Likes

@Yorkshireman - you have some incredible kit. It must be like living in a hifi showroom. Have you got a particular set up that you have identified as your favourite combination? I imagine you have the luxury of using different set ups for different genres/albums. Beautiful stuff.

3 Likes

Might stick to a Norstone spider :P. I need 2 bases.

1 Like

How about this for a messy listening room. Thankfully temporary whilst the bedroom is being redecorated and new wardrobes. One advantage is that with so much ‘stuff’ in there the acoustics are fabulous. My room/system never sounded do good. Maybe I will leave it? :thinking:

33 Likes

It’s all pretty much on the same level across everything, nothing stands out as being significantly better.

2 Likes

Never fails to look elegant HH!

1 Like

I bet it all has a positive effect on the SQ, no standing waves for instance!

1 Like

Bass and dynamics are sounding tremendous :grinning:

1 Like

32 Likes