System Pics 2023

Indeed we should be Mtuttleb :crazy_face:

Sorry, I could search but did you do keel karousel and the top motor plus phonostage. I would like a kandid to replace my old Akiva but only have standard arm board and cirkus plus ekos2 mk2 and lingo2 plus Linto but when I added the Akiva it was really very good even with what I have

At risk of diverting the thread further, can I suggest the Lyra option?

I went from Krystal to Kleos. It’s quite a step in SQ imho. When worn out, the trade-in terms are also vastly better than Linn’s current deal, which means you can pretend it was a bargain when mates ask. I don’t know about comparative pricing in Oz, but at least they don’t have to be exported from Glasgow

5 Likes

Yep

LP12 ARO Keel /ARO/Kandid / Armageddon/superline/ supercapDR

Second LP12 is the 40th anniversary Klimax - Keel/with EKOS SE / Kandid /Urika/ Radikal machined

Both have had the Karousel installed

Lots go for the second configuration, I just like the first with ARO for some reason by a smidge

It’s amazing how the music is portrayed differently

2 Likes

Ok so really source first then before sorting the cartridge, which of course right.

Spot on - for me always :+1: cartridge last

I think there is nonetheless a balancing act at the source as well especially a turntable. I remember trying a klyde and did not like it at all. The only thing that did it for me was Akiva. This was all pre keel, urika and radikal by the way

Sorry for the diversion but I notice an unfamiliar Bauhaus album on the LP12 - may I ask which it is?

1978-1983, the double album with the live Bela Lugosi.

A chum who likes metal thought that anything worthwhile with a goth tinge started in Scandinavia, so

1 Like

Err no!

Northampton if I remember correctly!

I seem to remember vaguely that beggars banquet put out a volume one and two, sort of best of

Should’ve looked it up first.
Remember seeing them many years back at Rock City, Nottingham.

1 Like

And Siouxsie was born in Southwark iirc.

2 Likes

(only cos I’m putting off clearing the kitchen up)

Siouxsie was born Susan Janet Ballion[5] on 27 May 1957 at Guy’s Hospital in Southwark

i.e. not in Scandinavia as @NickofWimbledon 's chum thought all worthwhile metal acts with a goth tinge hailed from.

[edit: right, no more distractions, time to clear the dishes away]

1 Like

Awesome set up!

@anon17458420 Wise words my LP12/Karousel/Karmen/Radikal2/AOPU7 is slumming with a Linn Krystal but still sounds spectacular

1 Like

Just wait until you add a kandid, it will be so much better

1 Like

Thank you Dev, your’s ain’t too shabby either!

All I remember of Rock City is the sticky carpet. :blush:

4 Likes

Assume the right speaker is level? It must be the camera angle as it looks lopsided.

Cor! Very nice indeed!

1 Like

And people bought bits.of it when it got replaced - but it’s just the same again now! :smile:

1 Like