System Pics 2023

I haven’t tried any other cables. I only recently got these based on good feedback from other forum members here. They replaced a very old set of Cable Talk Talk 4 cables.

They actually brought a nice enhancement to top end detail.

Upgrading from Mojo to a Mojo 2 would be worthwhile and cost effective. I found the Qutest to be clearly better than the Mojo, but I can’t hear much of a difference between the Qutest and Mojo 2.

2 Likes

14 Likes

I had the Mojo2 and it’s a fabulous DAC, especially if you feel the need for the 4 band DSP feature that leaves the original signal intact & untouched resolution wise and only adjusts the selected band.

This is the best DSP that I’ve ever heard in regards to that.

But the Qutest - for me- is a touch better soundstage and impact / PR&T wise over the Mojo2.

Brand new I’d go for the Mojo2, but second hand, much harder choice. Qutest for me in that scenario.

4 Likes

Hi and congratulations on your Nait 5Si. It’s a great amp and I really enjoyed mine. To put your mind at rest, I bought mine new at a dealer and there was a loud speaker pop when it was switched on at the dealers which continued to be present throughout the 2 years that I had it. It is disconcerting but normal. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed mine.

2 Likes

As evidenced by our daughter putting out her birthday cards, speakers can have a multitude of uses…

14 Likes

What have you opened! :smile:

1 Like

I hope Ken got the subwoofer…

2 Likes

I had better check :grin:

Edit: thankfully the subwoofers were spared, however the Piegas and the Goldring were not so lucky. To her credit she was pretty neat at it.

12 Likes

And the cards are still in place…obviously, there are no :smiley_cat: :smirk_cat: :smiley_cat: around. :grinning:

2 Likes

Kid is the superlative of Cat.

2 Likes

As ever……a matter of opinion :laughing:

1 Like

No not yet, although both our children keep asking for a cat. It’s a possibility for the future :grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink:.

We fobbed ours off for a time with tropical fish…and from there it was but a small leap to the kitties.

1 Like

Did the kitties then make a small leap for the tropical fish?

2 Likes

There was a small hole in the lid ‘about 2” square’, where the auto-feeder droped the fish food. And yes, our Siamese girl, Suki (1999-2011), would stick her paw down the hole at feeding time. Siamese have long skinny legs. I don’t recall her catching anything though.

1 Like

Should I swap the 282 and 300 amp section around even though that will mean the burndys touch the floor?

12 Likes

Power supplies at bottom, the largest at the base (300 PS), 282 on top, then NDX2 would be my suggestion.

NDX2
HC/NAPSC
300PS

Nothing will touch the floor.

3 Likes

How is your gear arranged on the levels Mike ?

1 Like