System Pics 2023

Cool, my kind of setup concept!

2 Likes

My system (272, 300dr, CDX2, RP8 and Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp). Wondering whether to upgrade to 222. A big question for me is I would need to change my SL interconnects and won’t be able to connect my headphone amp.

31 Likes

In addition to the headphone amp in the 222?

Yes, I’ve got a tube amp I’d like to continue to use.

How is your Headphone amp connected to your 272? And what SL Cables do you have? The only cable you should need to change would be from the 272 to 300.

A lovely room, but the pendant lamp is at a jaunty angle :slightly_smiling_face:

Keith

It’s the camera angle; the pendant is level. But yes, it does look wonky.

1 Like

Recently removed my Adona Classic 45 Stand (remanent from my “Arc Welder” system days),
and replaced that with a Rigidrack Stand with Butcher Block Platforms.
The Well Tempered turntable and Naim CD55x/Flatcap 2 have Iso Acoustic Gaia III feet for further isolation.

Much more homey while providing the stability and isolation I need.

30 Likes

Ultimate Hifi den - that looks fantastic.

I bet it sounds fabulous too.

1 Like

I see a lot of full floorstanding speakers system in here. How about Bookshelf smaller system pics? Please guys indulge us! Thanks! :grin:

30 Likes

I absolutely love radios but this one is by far my favourite. It’s the Superconnect by Revo and lives in my kitchen. It has a balanced-mode radiator on speaker duties and puts out a really decent sound with loads of bass. Currently listening to 6Music’s all day Carnival special and this little beast does not let the side down

24 Likes

Yes i meant the interconnects between pre and power amp.

That’s a lovely looking room.

1 Like

@crispyduck - that’s a lovely looking thing.
I’ve gone for the retro styling of the Ruark R2 (Mk 4) for my kitchen radio. I’m also a 6Music listener.

22 Likes

That’s lovely! I do have a Ruark R1 on bedroom duties and it is a thing of wonder

2 Likes

A bit of an update: I am running the system with the 15 inch Bianco - the acoustics of the room require its use despite the fact that it was not necessary in our (larger) lounge - to some extent this was due to bass nul around the LP which the larger woofer seems to deal with very effectively.

I also got around to making some speaker grills to help make the speakers less intrusive in the domestic environment - I have used two cabinet brackets per grill to rest the grills on top of each speaker.

Finally I made a pair of equipment supports for my dad’s system. These are for his subwoofer amplifier and it’s power supply. I used a bamboo chopping board (cut in half) and some off-cuts from our walnut panels which I glued together and then finished with Danish oil - just need to install them in my dad’s system.

Edit: I wasn’t too happy with how the Danish oil had stained the backing of the walnut veneer/MDF side panels therefore I have used some vinyl wood effect to cover it up - looks a lot neater IMO

51 Likes

Brought my hi-fi system downstairs with the help of my friend. Far better sound stage really enjoying it.

24 Likes

Who’s that handsome guy on the telly?

2 Likes

@AlexP - great job. Loving your work.

2 Likes