System Pics 2023

:grin: yes it’s like having a big mirror at one end of the room - a little disconcerting at first!

Many thanks. I like making things and thinking up new ‘projects’.

What a lovely kitchen. And so tidy too. Ours always seems to be full of too much stuff.

1 Like

Hi Max, Maurizio here, still have you NAC A5 cables ages ago you was please to use?

Preamp

17 Likes

This bank holiday weekend saw a bit of furniture moving and rationalising. This left the media room a lot less cluttered and my wife’s 202/200 system sounding a lot less crowded😊

A new engineered timber floor is coming in September along with a set of Gaias for the Keilidh’s, so now on the lookout for a new rug.

24 Likes

I reckon we could form a disorderly queue of forumites with a long list of requests :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks James,

Books, records and houseplants on good old Kallax, with a not wonky rise and fall lamp, much like that of @HungryHalibut.

There’s too much hi-if and AV in the living room so we restrict ourselves to the Muso in the dining room and a dinky little Apple HomePod mini in the room beyond.

Keith

2 Likes

Beaut! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

While the flooring’s going down, have you considered getting a nice little hifi stand to replace that large unit? It would give the speakers a lot more room to breathe. Maybe you could lower the telly too, so it’s less like a pub and doesn’t strain your neck.

1 Like

I’m not sure lamps and hi fi go together too well. I keep anything LED at least 3 M away from my set up.
Have tried with and without, to my ears, there is an improvement in definition with lamps some distance away. Cheap switch modes I expect.
Unless you have incandescent I suppose! Maybe a Brexit benefit is to bring them back

That’s a nice looking Ganesh statue. Resin or stone?

1 Like

Hand carved wood, bought in Goa about 30 years ago.

1 Like

Nice. I’ve been looking for a smallish Ganesh but haven’t found ‘the one’ yet.

1 Like

No.
I am quite happy with my furniture and TV, thank you.

15 Likes

Ive done all these checks and nothing helped.

I’ve temporarily put my old witch hat cables on instead of the NACA5 and its really clear its the NACA5 which is causing the horrible trebble. I think this may warrant its own topic as I cant get the cable any more :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks! I love it…

Ferrari Red? :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Hi Mikee,

I know what you mean and that stuff used to bother me but not so much these days. Also, the Muso is not used for serious listening and the main hi-fi is on a dedicated ring main.

13 Likes

Ferrari? I have no idea what you mean… :thinking:

6 Likes