System Pics 2023

@NoNaim
@Ian2001

Thanks, indeed. Let us hope for the best for us all.
A good weekend, everyone.

M

4 Likes

After many years of BK subwoofer ownership I have finally got around to using the high level connection to connect my stereo subwoofers.

After a phone call with Tom at BK I wired each subwoofer to the speaker terminals of the corresponding main speaker. Like REL there are 3 wires at the speaker end and a neutrik connection at the subwoofer. I used the black and red wires only - covering up the white/pinkish wire not being used.

It was one of those “Why didn’t I do this before?” moments when I finally got the gains set correctly on each subwoofer. The bass is considerably more cohesive yet full and it has had a positive effect on timbre/sound staging etc. I have even raised the crossover point from 42hz to 60hz without any negative effects.

10 Likes

Second REL S/3 added

30 Likes

Finally bought a rack for the downstairs DAC V1/NAP 100 system. Now just want the NAC A5 cables and that will be that, won’t it? Mind you, that top shelf looks a bit lonely…

P.S. “Easy to assemble” my ar*e.

13 Likes

Here is the view of my system in my dedicated listening room since this week with new room acoustics treatment. The sound is much improved. I enjoy it very much. For those interested: more info in my threat ((Click here)

27 Likes

Any room featuring LP cover art of Jeff Buckley and Neil Young LPs gets my vote!

Love the furniture👍

1 Like

They’re stable enough if no-one stumbles into them… They’re as wide as the Sats, so although not rock steady I feel confident enough the speakers are safe…

1 Like

Obviously good advice, the ‘Pub’ bit caused a titter!

Really sorry to hear of your illness etc, it is so important to have the support of people around you, as you will know! My wife has now had cancer twice over three years, and now I’m going through a similar situation, we are always there for each other.

5 Likes

[quote=“kuma, post:3514, topic:26908”]

[quote=“MaxBertola, post:3397, topic:26908”]

Matching cartridge for your Thorens.
AUDVM740ML-a07e6348ee56967dbee0c23cde72daa2

Audio-Technica VM740ML :wink:

4 Likes

It’s perfect, thanks!
:wink:

Max

I have recently ordered an Audio Technica 760SLC, on the recommendation of Peter Swain of Cymbiosis, as an ideal match for my newly acquired NAIT50.

1 Like

Many, including myself, were very much looking forward to seeing a Troika with your Aro.

Good luck.
Wishing you the best.
R

Ah yes, the Troika is with Goldring at the moment for a complete rebuild. I hope that it will be - eventually - pressed into service as an alternative for the Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua in my ‘main’ system with six QUAD57 panels in my music room at the top of my house.

The AT cartridge is for the NAIT50-based system, which I am putting together for use in my living room.

Now I just need to try track down a third ARO arm top.

1 Like

Good grief, that system looks stunning. So modern. :+1:
D

1 Like

Would love to see a picture of this!

1 Like

I thought it was ‘Keep taking the Tonedron’…

1 Like

I have posted a photo - about four or five months ago. A search of my name should find it.

1 Like

My old 150 came up on the secondhand market and I thought why not. I had gotten it recapped in 2015 before selling it in 2017. Always had a soft spot for it. Used to pair it with a 112, Rega Planet and Dynaudio bookshelf speakers. It seemed capable of much more, unlike the Planet and 112. Now with a 52 and SL2s it sounds fantastic. Probably more refined than a 140, but more agile than a 250.2 and a 180. I am enjoying it.

20 Likes