System Pics 2023

What a lovely space

1 Like

did that demo a few days ago - really wanted a 1-box system but the result was that i much preferred 222/nc250. the linn had real problems on wi-fi so had to be demoed on ethernet while both naim boxes were fine on wi-fi

Wow looks great! Very non hifi-ish and non Fraim-ish. Lovely

3 Likes

My favourite mood lighting…

…Green😉

33 Likes

Had to try my new Studer b-67! Disconnected the Naim system and used my Linn Klimax gear. If you have not tried R-2-R I encourage you. True master tape sound!

41 Likes

The trouble is the (lack of) availability of tapes and the cost of them! Which is why I suspect there is little interest…

3 Likes

Wait till Richard sees that beauty.

3 Likes

so much more elegant than the horrid fraim…

5 Likes

There really was something to Reel-to-Reel!

2 Likes

I was watching the Palace Forest game yesterday and although both teams are towards the bottom end of the premiership I was very impressed with the speed they pinged the ball about at times let alone the pace the game was played at throughout.
This season I’ve not seen any championship sides come anywhere near this standard so far. The gulf between the premiership and championship has never been bigger unfortunately.
Norwich look frozen in time compared to these two teams. It’s as though it’s a different sport.

1 Like

I like my Fraim, ably supported by the TT rack designed by me😊

32 Likes

I can’t quite put my finger on why… :thinking:
But those Keilidh’s look so right, (in that space, with all the other pieces).

Congrats. Lovely space :+1:

3 Likes

Hi @QuickSticks
Looks amazing!
I see you are using Isoacoustics Gaia
Should I try them with my Credos?

I can’t say enough good things about Gaias. They are a very satisfying upgrade. I have them on the speakers in both my systems.
I honestly don’t understand why dealers don’t make a pitch for them with every set of speakers they sell…YMMV😉

6 Likes

I’ll definitely try it but it is not cheap

Bought both my sets of Gaia III’s via eBay from a Romanian reseller.
Both sets were Brand New, unopened and definitely cheaper than buying in the UK.
There are 3 models based on weight of speaker they’re for. I’s being the heaviest and III’s the lightest.
Don’t know about buying in Russia just now though🤷🏻‍♂️

3 Likes

Thank you @ratrat, I’m enjoying it as I type this😊

Today I reassembled the Quadraspire.
This time I did it right
Surprisingly, the sound has changed a lot for the better, it has become more airy, the dynamics and bass have also increased. It’s very similar to the sound that I got at full Fraim with Supernai 3 and cdx2, but more soulful and also more dynamic,closer to the sound of vinyl. The old cds2 is simply magnificent!

23 Likes

Yes, I saw it on sale but I’ll try to find it on the secondary market

Hi John, I think Forest may have a system…

But not an audio system