System Pics 2023

The Qutest Dragon Node:

43 Likes

Thanks for the detailed response - it’s really helpful and much appreciated.

Now: enjoy that system! And those Rush recordings!

I’ve heard of her but not heard her.
I’ll look it up.
Cheers!

1 Like

Totally agree, I avoided them like the plague and thought they were just toys.

Then Kef brought out the kc62 and I had the Ls50 metas and I thought let’s give it a try.

I have to say the learning bit was hugely frustrating and I was really after someone to tell me the best settings etc and be done.

However through that period I did learn a lot and after a brief time running a pair with the Ls50’s I split the subs to one in each system.

It’s actually the subtle things they most impress with and a sense of effortless to voices and things like piano reverb.

Now that they are both dialled in getting the best of standmounts with a full range, was a definite time of discovery in room acoustics and frequency range interactions.

Wouldn’t be without them and I imagine it’s just brought another level to your Linns, which already started from a good place anyway.

I like your wall mount speaker stands. Who makes them?

They were made by Target. I don’t think you can get them anymore. Mine came from eBay about £45. They are exactly the right size for the M10s.

Common,Paul. this is the original man… :wink:

4 Likes

I agree, but…………Sandals? :nerd_face:

:question:

This is now quite a common arrangement. Its not quite ‘direct to the PA’. The Bass - or Guitar - will go first to the Effects board then maybe via say a Kemper (or similar) and then into the mixer for the PA. There will be a connection to feed In Ears (or on stage Monitors) for the musician, also.

2 Likes

He wore them a lot in the 60s. Apparently it was a good look then. Especially with flared pants :blush:

1 Like

You meant 70’…
yes, the good old days…but at Knebworth in 79’ he wear a nice boots :grinning:

2 Likes

Compact and functional.

21 Likes

My first Naim preamp! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Looking good Dan. Do you have the Sopras spiked through the carpet or on something like gliders?

1 Like

The Sopra 2s are spiked into the carpet. I am intending on changing the decor and finished floor so everything is at is at the moment.

Me too. I have older wall to wall carpet with the Sopras on Herbie gliders, thought it sounded better than spiked into the suspended floor.
Planning on removing the carpet and installing hardwood floor with a large area rug put with the speakers on the wood floor spiked on discs

1 Like

I am thinking similar. Engineered wood floor or high grade laminate and large rug to help acoustics.

No rush. Focus is on work and replenishing funds after many many upgrades. Most important thing was the system. Secondary is deco. And as any builder will tell you they don’t want to do any work on their own homes!

5 Likes

after 10 years there are more scratches on our oak floor than on laminate in another room…

…but the great thing about the Oak floor is that you can sand it down and re-lacquer it🙂

1 Like