System Pics 2023

After adding some Herbie’s titanium decouplers to my speakers yesterday I thought I’d give my trusty old Rel sub one more try. After buying some spades from the lovely people at Audio Affair in Birmingham and connecting sub direct to speaker, I’m gobsmacked. The combination of these two is giving me more detail across the spectrum, the bass frequencies I was sure I was missing despite the kanta 3’s reach and timing seems unperturbed. It seems to have lifted a lot of nuance out of the mud-contamination of my chord epic x speaker cables. :raised_hands:t2::love_you_gesture:t2:

19 Likes

Good work Dan. If I may make one tiny suggestion: I’d put the NDS on top of the left stack. This is purely for symmetry and because empty Fraim shelves on top look weird, like a hat. You could move the Lite level down and put a full Fraim with glass on the top. Just a thought.

5 Likes

I like the suggestion. I am on it!

3 Likes

Glass will be on all the shelves. 2 pieces of glass in process of being ordered. Will have a spare shelf.

I have been thinking about this. There are 13 boxes. In some cultures this is unlucky. What to do?

2 Likes

Obvious, sell one🤣

Buy another box :joy::joy:

2 Likes

There is a transformer in the ND5XS2. I would keep that far away from NDS and think it’s more important than visuals in moving it up :blush:

1 Like

The NDS is now on top on full Fraim shelf. More air. Should sound better too! Thanks Mr Hungryhalibut.

33 Likes

Looks like you are not running a streamer into the NDS, that would solve your unlucky 13 issues. I can recommend Innuos (zen mini, pulse mini or pulse all have optical and coax outputs

It looks f****** awesome now!

2 Likes

It’s totally transformed the look with NDS on top. Loving it. This why I love this forum. Others can see what you can’t. So happy!

2 Likes

12 minutes later :smile::+1:

2 Likes

I haven’t got time to muck about @Blackbird ! :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, it looks much better. I’m pleased my little suggestion was useful. You are nothing if not a quick worker!

4 Likes

The dining room system. NAC92 ( converted NAIT3), NAP140, CD5Si and a homemade “rack”.

24 Likes

You’re helpful, and I respect you Mr HungryHailbut. Thank you as always.

Best wishes,

Dan

I am running ND5XS2 into NDS.

Ah ok

Any more thoughts on 13 boxes. It is unlucky in many cultures. Empty shelf. I am thinking that maybe unlucky 13 could be lucky 13 for me and leave it. I always wanted a Radikal and then take phono stage out and have Urika. But that is further down the line if ever. A Karousel bearing to replace Cirkus is on the cards.

But, you know what you can keep going on and on.

Sometimes just sit back and enjoy it. What’s the point otherwise?

1 Like

After saying I was done earlier in the week, I found myself buying a new CD transport today.
I was really hoping to just kick back and enjoy now, but needs must. I resolved to play CD’s going forward, so I need a CD player🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ll sit back and just enjoy it next week🫣

2 Likes