System Pics 2023

@mbear

I think it was Ebay, quite a few years ago…shipped from the US. It’s a numbered print - #258/700.

I absolutely love it as Aoxomoxoa is one of my all time favourite Dead albums, and I adore Rick Griffin’s art.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to my NDX2 recently too. Hope it doesn’t take long to fix…

Combined with your strength and resolve… truly inspiring.

3 Likes

Not really a big Fraim fan, but that whole presentation looks great with black-on-black and the new series components.

1 Like

Dan: I’m feeling your positivity even way out in the middle of nowhere Canada. Your love of life, music, and HiFi is admirable and inspiring! I love your posts. Thanks for all the gifts you bring to the forum.

Here’s a system pic - no changes to the system recently as is still sounding out of this world. But the photo is new, just taken this evening. The hula dancers remained in the shot just for you! Sending love and all good things from Winnipeg.

29 Likes

The first owner of my former NDX2 had the same problem (2018 model). Naim changed the full analogue board.

1 Like

That looks great, Tim. I bet it sounds wonderful. If the rumours of a Statement streamer are true, and if it’s floor standing like the amps, you can get shot of the Fraim. Maybe root out a Mana table for the Linn and go full-on black stealth mode!

My system does have something in common with yours, other than sounding great of course…

4 Likes

Naughty but nice👍 Acoustica show no mercy😂

1 Like

I hope it’s ok to put this little story here, as it doesn’t warrant its own thread. As some will know, I lost the hearing in my left ear. This was my good ear, and the right was pretty ropey. In late 2020 I bought Starkey hearing aids privately, as the basic aids I got from the NHS via their contract with Scrivens were pretty useless. The Starkeys are Cros aids, where the left sends sounds to the right.

Since 2020 I’ve found female vocals on folk and classical virtually unlistenable on the stereo, which was pretty upsetting as it’s one of my favourite firms of music. This is largely what led me to explore changing speakers earlier this year.

I recently bought the Unthank : Smith album and it made no impression as I really couldn’t hear the words, which are the heart of the album.

Anyway, a few months ago I read a post on here that the NHS could do Cros aids, which was news to me. I went back to Scrivens, who told me that they don’t have the contract for Cros aids. The contract in this area is with QA hospital. Setting aside the pottiness of NHS contracting, after a doctors letter and an appointment at QA, last week I got my new NHS Cros aids. Unlike the private supplier, the testing was done in a sealed room, and the fitting and programming was a million times better, with microphone probes put in my ears as well as the aids so everything could be set perfectly.

What a revelation. The improvement in sound quality and sheer engagement is astonishing. I listened to Unthank : Smith last night and could hear every word. I can listen at 31 on the Nova rather than 39, which Mrs HH is delighted about. My free NHS aids have given me a whole new stereo for free, and I’ll no longer have to spend £3,000 on new private aids in a couple of years time. Simply amazing.

73 Likes

WOW!
Full Fat statement😮
Looks amazing @TimOopNorth, you must be enjoying that. I bet it sounds superb.
Thank you for sharing it😊

2 Likes

Well that is good news Nigel, shame it seems to be such a lottery. When you look at them it does seem a very barmy price for something so little, albeit rather sophisticated.

1 Like

@Dan_M nothing changed here, except the music!

28 Likes

That is a wonderful story. The NHS does amazing things.

2 Likes

A lot of things are barmy; take SL cables for instance. Just a couple of bits of wire. Hearing aids are expensive because the cost covers aftercare and fancy shops. The NHS ones that I have are pretty sophisticated and I bet the NHS are paying hundreds rather than thousands.

3 Likes

No words @Dan_M. Saddened to hear this news. You have my best wishes and hope you pull through this

That is just one of those random sentences one would only find on a (predominately) bloke-y forum. It made me chuckle :laughing:

2 Likes

Another setback Dan, but keep your spirits up. I am sure everyone here is rooting for you and that will be something you can depend on. You are clearly a very strong character. Keep up the positive vibes and fight on ! Best wishes.

They way many leading hearing aids are priced (eg phonak - which are excellent) is that between the different ‘levels’, set at different prices, all that changes is the unblocking of additional features as you pay more money. The product remains the same. Similar to how some computer software pricing works. I have found you have to get off the high street to get good service - in which case, in my opinion, it’s worth paying the money. I don’t have significant hearing loss, but as is typical with age, I’m losing the high frequencies.

Dan, your positivity and love of life is impactful and admirable. I wish you nothing but the best and I believe you will succeed. While listening to some nice music last night, I also took this photo. I recently added an Innuos Zen Mini MK3 streamer in front of the Dac V1 and I’m very happy with the improvement. My best wishes!

23 Likes

Great news HH

Bit off thread but would it be possible to post an image of these

My right ear is somewhat dodgy and loosing high frequencies

Female vocals are also my favourite

Not sure they are available in Aussie but one never knows

Cheers