System Pics 2023

Dan - a cruel blow for sure but just love your inspirational attitude. No change in my system (not taken your advice to move AVR from hifi rack :see_no_evil:) so have included my second system too for variety (AirPods Pro​:joy:). Stay strong fella.

28 Likes

Heligoland… love MA last album so much

3 Likes

Hi Dan, when I came home today after a long day at work, I opened the Naim Forum: over 250 new posts in the system pics thread since yesterday - wow-… Then I read your message. Much has already been written and it is a great sign of solidarity and support from the forum. I can only agree with that. I find your attitude in the current situation only admirable! My system is only a small one compared to what we usually see here. But it sounds good and I look forward to it every evening when I switch it on. Enjoy your system too. All the best for you from Switzerland!

32 Likes

Well that is certainly making a statement! Enjoy👍

2 Likes

Hi @Dan_M Echoing the comments, sentiment and support from the forum members, my thoughts are with you. News like this puts everything else into perspective - wishing you all the very best.

In the spirit of the thread, a system pic of equipment to get closer to the music - such a wonderful art form during difficult times.

41 Likes

Hi Dan

Yes the Technics is a deck I wish I’d started with to be honest all those years ago when I started with hifi. Most magazines back then pushed certain belt drives.
I’ve listened to it against many good belt drive turntables, I even owned a reasonably high spec LP12 for about 20 years but soon as I listened to the Technics I thought it was just as good & like you said it’s not much to upgrade on it, unlike the LP12 which is expense upon expensive upgrades, which is ok if you want to go down that road. I went far enough I’m very happy with what I have now. Just had a used 500 dr for my non dr, it all sounds great. No more for me now.
Been reading your journey, looks like your system is coming along nicely. Its looking really good & your room👍🏽

Thanks

Mark

5 Likes

@YetiZone
Your photo is a peach of a picture
Thanks for sharing ( for @Dan_M )

Best wishes
R

3 Likes

Mark,

I think you have made the smart move. I have held back on Linn LP12 upgrades. I focused on speakers amplification, racking and cabling.

The LP12 is a massive money pit potentially. I love my turntable and love the looks. With Kore, Lingo and Cirkus and upgraded and serviced Akito it’s pretty good.

But with your Technics it’s a finished deal. Great system with 552DR and 500DR. And of course the CDS1.

2 Likes

Good grief I feel for you my friend, I’ve just been diagnosed with cancer too, but nowhere as bad as you I don’t think, hope for the best for you young man!

12 Likes

Sorry to hear that Nick. Get well soon.

4 Likes

Keep fighting Nick👍

4 Likes

Hi Nick, I’m sorry to hear that. Do you know what cancer you have? Wishing you the best. Keep strong.

1 Like

F’ing cancer!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well with treatment.

3 Likes

Not you as well. fCk Me!

2 Likes

Looks so right now. Big improvement :+1:

I’m sure you’re feeling a cocktail of emotions. If it makes you feel better (it won’t but I’ll try), I’m surrounded by cancer survivors. Stepdad and father in law both survived prostate cancer. Sister in law survived breast cancer. But the real shot of optimism is my grandmother in law. She got diagnosed with inoperable stage 4 pancreatic cancer at age 90. On doctor’s advice she was moved into hospice care to make her last months comfortable since she was too frail for any treatment other than pain management. She’s 103 now and the cancer went into remission. Enjoying life. She definitely beat the odds and flipped cancer the finger.

18 Likes

I want to know what she eats every day.

4 Likes

I visted at meal times on several occasions. She eats normal but easy to chew stuff (no bones or skins or crusts). Fish, vegetables, rice. The latter (when white polished) isn’t even good for you.

And plenty of green tea.

1 Like

11 Likes