System Pics 2023

ah ha. That’s the secret!
Fish, veggies and rice are ordinary japanese diet staples. :rice_ball: :tea:

1 Like

Good stuff HH, does this put you on the upgrade path again as your ears can handle more sound!

Despite lack of system pictures this thread is a great read, not many forums have this level of emotional intelligence.

Wishing well to all and thank you for making this forum a good place.

Gary

5 Likes

40 Likes

Hi HH, I wear two NHS hearing aids and about 6 years ago I asked how much they valued them at, the Audiologist said they were approx. £130 to £150 each to buy, but the overall value was considered to be at £1500 each to cover future maintenance, retubing etc, just goes to show!!

Hi Dan, my cancer is only Prostate, the severity of which I have to have a further operation which is mid November, so as I say, doesn’t compare with what you’ve gone through/going through, but still frightening enough, so I cant begin to know how you must feel, try and keep strong young man!

2 Likes

It doesn’t put me on an upgrade path, but it did cause me to reflect on whether I’d have sold the 272/555/300/SL2 setup it had before my hearing loss. That system, with SL cables throughout, and the excellent MusicWorks mains setup, was very, very good. But if I’d kept that I know I’d have been looking at the new classics, and on and on it goes. But with the Nova I just don’t seriously consider upgrades, and I suspect that level of contentment is what leads to my happiness with it. I’m beyond the stage of having a massive hifi shrine in the sitting room, I just don’t want it any more. My free hearing aids have given me a bigger uplift than dropping thousands on new electronics.

10 Likes

That’s pretty much as I thought it might be.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear this

I would just like to echo Nigel’s comments

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

I hope to reach that state someday. I do get the feeling that most of my upgrade urges are stress and work related. I am hoping for a simple life if I ever retire.

1 Like

Ha, retirement has given me more time to plan upgrades. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Dan I’m so sorry hope to see your posts for years to come. Glad you have a close family that will be there for you. Best wishes take care.

2 Likes

Having progressed from a Mu So start to full 500 the thing I’ve noticed is that every stage, especially the ND555 with two PS, made a considerable improvement to sound quality.
The problem is that after a while the new, much improved sound, becomes the normal unnoticed sound and I often wonder if I should have stopped at Nova Special 40s!

7 Likes

I have previously posted system pics of both my main system (cost a lot of money) and my single box plus turntable study system. I would say at the moment I’m getting as much pleasure from the study system. No it’s not as good but it’s very engaging (the Nait 50 is a gem).

3 Likes

Great news Nigel - That’s a good result all round !

It has been a while since I posted anything in the picture thread, so here goes. System is now in its new home. Ignore the “smudges” on the carpet. They are actually due to a damaged lens on the iPhone which is, after 5 years of service, due for replacement! :slightly_smiling_face:

58 Likes

That looks very smart, and a nice open aspect through the French windows. The giant bobbins look interesting.

3 Likes

@Dan_M sending you all the positive energy from the Netherlands and I hope you pull through.

NDX2 Connected to Kora tb-200 amp and living voice Avatar R4 loudspeakers.

46 Likes

System update… New speakers in place. Already sounding great… ProAc D20Rs. Otherwise no changes. That’s it for a while… Let the settling in begin.

57 Likes

There’s nothing new in my main system, but I just looked up from my iPad to see the sun catching the LP12. This is for @Dan_M, sending you positive energy and my best wishes for a positive outcome.

40 Likes

Hi everyone, thanks so much for the pics and messages you have sent. I really appreciate the support. I am feeling fit and well and continuing as normal.

I think the positive is it has brought us as a group and forum closer. I am seeing alot of kindness.

And there have been no arguments ! :grin:

I am doing well. Listening to Pantera at the moment. And this is why fans on 135s can kick in.

21 Likes