System Pics 2023

Me at the Dave Gilmour pre sale viewing in 2019 - this is one of the Fender Custom Shop DG replicas, although the real thing was about 5 metres away from me when the shot was taken.

[apologies for thread drift, but at least it’s a pic]

15 Likes

Just moved the Snaxo from in between the 52 and Olive Supercap (as shown in the pic) and placed it behind the rack away from everything leaving an empty shelf where it was which also took the Naim Burndy away from the system and wiring.

Seems to have made a positive difference.

17 Likes

More pictures to study…
At bed time again too
Must be your active time😉

1 Like

Looks like you’ve had a major tidy up in that room.

3 Likes

Not yet, maybe over Christmas. It just doesn’t look as bad from this angle. I did move the second Powerigel to the other end of the hifi rack, so one at each end.

I could really do with a two more shelves of Fraim, but old plain (un tinted) Cherry hardly ever comes up for sale secondhand. Maybe even better would be to goto two racks of Fraim.

Wow looks like big candy shop😊.

2 Likes

I always say that HiFi shops are like sweet shops for boring old balding men, and I count myself in that category.

It certainly keeps me occupied, either tinkering trying to improve SQ, listening to music, reading reviews, trawling the second hand market and deciding what to buy next :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Steady. Some of us boring old men still have our hair :smiley:

6 Likes

Lucky you! :joy:

4 Likes

You know the old saying, “Hair today, gone tomorrow…”

4 Likes

Going through my abstract phase

39 Likes

I removed the grilles from the Piegas this morning and IMO they are better looking without them. It wasn’t the easiest job as the base needs to be removed first - at least I got to look at the crossover and internal dampening. Also I now get to see the lovely AMT tweeter too as it’s a shame that it was hiden away.

As for SQ they are definitely better without the grilles than with the grilles in place. Fortunately, the grilles will safely rest in front of the speakers when a more subtle look is required.

26 Likes

I prefer them off, unfortunately so do little children inquisitive fingers, so they go back on for kiddy visits.

Core now in place (now that its glass plinth has arrived). Need to re-route some of the wiring and such, but sounding pretty great to my ears.

46 Likes

I want the second one from left!!

2 Likes

And I want the second one from the right!

2 Likes

A tidy and nicely matching set up. I’ll have the blue one on the left.

1 Like

Poor Bobby down to a bass and an SG - such is life!

1 Like

Those B&W 705 s2 look really nice

2 Likes

Guitars: when I had lots of time to play them, I couldn’t afford them, but now I can afford them… oh well. Thank you all for the kind offers to take them off my hands!

4 Likes