System Pics 2023

Guru 8 or 12?

actual prices of all models (also the new) are available on the website of the Guru dealer in the Netherlands

Now Iā€™m intrigued :thinking:
(At the very least to understand what this speaker offers)

Itā€™s a lovely looking product. Reminds me a little of Epos ES14 N (in white)

Hey @ratrat, somehow I thought at some point youā€™d had Guru Juniors, but checking out your profile see I must have mis-imagined things.

Iā€™m hoping the speaker builds on what the Q10/QM10 delivers, speaking with Guru they feel this has moved the game on, which if it has Iā€™ll be pretty happy. Timing has always been their forte, just have a certain rightness to how they play a tune. They are saying there is more transparency and the bass is even better.

Really like the design, clean lines.

1 Like

I thought they went bust. Their home page list none of the speakers you talk about :man_shrugging: Are you evaluating prototypes for them or? Thereā€™s no address, phone or organisation number and their latest post on Facebook was more than a year ago. Seems like the brand is owned by a Peopleaudio AB in Sweden which has a turnover of 55 000GBP 2023 and the company is registered at a private address (house) in Stockholm area. Is Ingvar Ɩhman still part of the design as he was in the beginning?

12 hours earlier today I had most the same questions so I dropped them a line via their contact page. @anon27418182 piqued my interest by mentioning the new models and I had seen the Q28 on the website some time ago but heard nothing since, other than another member on this site had ordered a pair earlier in the year.

They came back and confirmed the new models as per the info that Badlyread had shared earlier, this being the model 8 and model 12. Exchanged a few emails with them and ordered a pair of the new 12ā€™s, should be a mid Jan delivery.

It could all blow up in my face, and I remember seeing all the angst and understandable upset with the Witch hat situation, hopefully everything will be fine. I was an early adopter of them when they released their first speaker and still have it, so probably have a soft spot for them, but its purely based on the speaker performance that I have heard in all their previous models.

Totally get this is no guarantee that it will be another success, but here is hoping they repeat it.

Honestly donā€™t know if Ingvar is anything to do with them anymore.

Assume you paid by Credit Card?

These will run off your Technics?

yes, they really have a poor website lacking all interesting technical information. The distributor in the Netherlands seems to be very close to the motherhouse and has slightly some more details (prices and launch time of the new products). Recently this distributor presented the Guru 12 during a bighifi event in the Netherlands.

1 Like

Yeah, CC used. No, these are earmarked for the Naim system in the house, Technics already has its Guruā€™s in the QM10ā€™s.

The Technics was another gamble, obviously not quite with the degrees of this one, given company size and availability of reviews, but was bought blind but influenced by others experience (yours being a large one), so hopefully fortune will favour the brave, or foolhardyā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure they will be great Adam , look forward to your update in the new year.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be on here rantingā€¦

2 Likes

I hope raving, not ranting.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a picture they shared of the Q28, different one to what I had previously seen.

6 Likes

The Guru 12 in concrete finish.

8 Likes

With grille. But whatā€™s that in the backgroundā€¦.?

1 Like

Distinctly nova likeā€¦!

A curtain :laughing:

1 Like

Hello,

did you try a set up with the Guruā€™s at a larger distance from the back wall and so, yes how did this affect the soundstage (I know Guruā€™s advice is a very close back wall position, but in my setup that wouldnā€™t be possible) ?

which stands do You use, for me more attractive than the origial wooden Guru ones ?

Thx,

Hi,

In every situation Iā€™ve been able to set them up as recommended, however the pair i sold to a mate are pretty randomly spaced and still sound like Gurus.

The stands they are on in the cabin are my long term Target R2 stands that were made for ProAc Studio 100ā€™s but have proved to be great all rounders. They are super heavyweights, Iā€™d guess at about 40-50kgs each.

Iā€™ve also had them on other stand and key is that they are sat on their foam feet, provides a layer of isolation.

1 Like