System Pics 2023

Hi Pete, All above board and we cleared that topic on arrival. :+1: Jason was a superb host very knowledgeable and also a thoroughly nice chap. He put me in the right direction concerning some existing squashy pod things I had on my Nova support, no need for them as they negatively affect the existing damping in the unit. Needless to say they are now history.

I tried that angle when I realised the speaker cables were a few inches too short, Vicki prefers the Fraim as it is, she wins!

2 Likes

That’s a shame because the Fraim looks a bit rubbish from the side, and too squeezed against the wall. Still, anything for domestic harmony. An Isoblue would look far nicer in that position.

2 Likes

We all have different opinions re aesthetics
To me Fraim looks far superior to Isoblue
I think your setup looks great
David

4 Likes

HiFiman, have you sold your 500 series equipment or have you kept it to be able to swap between the 500 series and the Nait 50?

2 Likes

500 kit is boxed and is listed for sale. Fraim medium levels, base already sold.

No return for me to the 500 setup, I’ve enjoyed the trip but its time to move on.

3 Likes

The 606’s are definitely good enough for your electronics. I have a pair, and they produce prodigious bass in my system. I love them BUT I found that they are extremely sensitive to positioning.

I played around for ages with mine, and millimetres really can make a difference. If you want more bass, try them nearer the walls. I settled on 8 inches away.

Wow, that’s a big decision and downgrade. But you have created simplicity and I reckon your current system is wonderful with the Nait. A bold move and I hope you are very happy with your new system.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call it a downgrade as such source / speakers are the same.
Nait 50 drives the SL2s with ease within my room to my ears almost as good as the previous power amps I’ve owned. Sounds crazy I know but I generally don’t play the system loud with huge demand on an amp so the Nait fits the bill. My other amp the Nait 2 gives me 95% of any Naim amp setup the Nait 50 closes the gap even further.

9 Likes

Found an additional 3" (no innuendos please) of cable with a slight adjustment to the brown trunking around the fireplace.

Nait 50 now dead centre

30 Likes

Congratulations.

7 Likes

Got the NAIT 50 on home demo for a few days. I’m already liking it with my Thorens and Limetree sources.

37 Likes

IMG_0466

11 Likes

Bad bad boy! I thought I was beyond this humour, but you made me smile.

3 Likes

It never goes away :sunglasses:

5 Likes

End of 2023…still using the same gear since.
Such a bliss with the Atom HE

36 Likes

The Fraim looks like it’s been grounded…

2 Likes

Naughty boy in the corner yes

Wow, who knows may do the same some time soon.

The thing is the room has such a huge impact that even lesser kit can do wonders. I liked the comment about looking like a HiFi shop. Too true it does with all these separates that are also a pain with cables here there and everywhere

1 Like

Good morning,
I am new here in this forum an read a few very interesting threads. Thank you for this!

Sorry for my poor English. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Here you see:
NDX2 with XPS2DR
252 with SCDR
NAP 300
B&W804D4

Greetings from the Baltic Sea
Olaf

101 Likes