System Pics 2023

Yes, dilemmas, dilemmas…
Some answers:
Our speakers are Akubariks, driven by Solos…for certain, they ‘do’ bass. With SO, this is now balanced, tuneful etc bass…and does not interfere with hearing the rest of the frequency spectrum. In fact, by way of experiment, yesterday I turned SO off…unlistenable…thats a real eye opener for me. Absolutely no longer thinking of changing speakers.
The phono stage seems to be fixed at 100…interestingly, although the change for me from P75 (4) to Aura was HUGE, the change to SO was ‘vastly huger’. I never did get on with the XX 2 ii…but we’re all different!

1 Like

…oops…my response is above, in Sysrem Pictures

This is a nice system from a friend that deserves to be posted on this community. He has switched to naim black bars since he heard my nait. In a few days we will go and get a pair of Arivas which will replace the current CM9s. We will take a small trip to the city of Salerno (Naples) to listen to them and eat delicious local products. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Christmas greeting and thank you for the precious support we have received up to this point.

37 Likes

Really hoping that when the new Guru12’s arrive in 24 that they are as good as they claim.

Have to say if they are going to improve on the formidable QM10, which is a speaker that totally knows how to let its hair down, it’s going to be thrilling ride.

Some needle bending tunes pumping out in the cabin this afternoon as I start the Christmas wind down.

15 Likes

Thx a lot, so will definitively look for a Selekt demo during 2024.

Just to complete my Nova saga, I now have the new one, installed and playing away merrily. The build quality looks perfect.

One thing I noticed is that with the new one there is no light coming from between the top panel and fascia, presumably from the display or volume control. With the old one the light was pretty bright from certain angles, which was a bit disconcerting and shoddy looking, but I’d assumed that was just how it was. Clearly I was wrong, and I imagine the gap was linked to the problem that caused the logo bar to repeatedly come adrift.

Anyway, it’s very lovely and I’m pleased to be able to close the book on this little story. I discussed the issue with Naim on Wednesday, and there was a brand new replacement in my house on Saturday - which could actually have been Friday if I’d had time to collect it. Can’t be bad.

40 Likes

Glad that you got it all sorted and in time to enjoy it over Christmas.

DG…

Hope fine now, on mine (1 month old) the bar decide to have a Xmas holiday too :wink: so pushed it firmly and back to normal, but assume problem will happen again soon :frowning:

Such not expected from Naim…even more at this price point

37 Likes

What’s next, Flatfish? QB? :wink:

1 Like

CM9s are good, but I think your friend will enjoy the Arivas a lot. Do please post a picture of them here if possible.

Goditi il ​​cibo napoletano! I am very envious.

Mark

1 Like

System looking very good Neil. How are you getting on with the Audiolab 9000 CDT?

1 Like

Looks like you have the same Falcon loudspeaker stands that I have!

1 Like

Actually these are Custom Design SQ 404)

1 Like

Good evening everyone,

I have treated myself to a new second system.

It’s a Naim Uniti Atom and a pair of Kef LS 50 Meta speakers with AudioQuest Rocket 11 speaker cables.

So far, so very good!

Best wishes,

Brian D.

44 Likes

That cable will very fast burn in!

3 Likes

Burzum! And very Neat speakers :wink:

1 Like

How is the bass on those speakers? They have intrigued me, but the 47 Hz low end combined with 85dB sensitivity has me “worried” (for lack of a better term.)

Hi Dan, I have to say I love it. I’m running it through the NDX2 and it sounds great. No complaints at all.

2 Likes

My new (ex-demo) XS3 arrived yesterday and already sounds excellent to my ears through my Piegas. Plenty of power and an engaging sound that has plenty of drive but also good tone and clarity.

Happy Christmas everyone.

45 Likes