System Pics 2023

Good morning DrMark,

Thanks for the message.

The bass from the Kefs isn’t like my Isobariks, of course, but I really don’t have any complaints. I live in a dealer-free area, so I had to buy them unheard, based on reviews only, but, at the price, I’m very pleased with the outcome. However, I have seen one or two users’ photographs with subs attached.

Best wishes,

Brian D.

1 Like

Hi Dr Mark, I’ve got Ls50 Metas and I also have a pair of ks62 subs. However having previously had all in tandem I now have the Ls50 running solo and the subs paired up in the cabin.

Just found it was overloading the room a bit much when firing across the 4m width. The subs now fire down the length of the 6m cabin and it’s a better arrangement.

The solo ls50s are about 45cm out from rear wall in my room and have bass a plenty.

Hope that helps.

I do think the recent review of them in Hi Fi choice was accurate if you want to hunt it down.

3 Likes

Good morning Rafael,

Thanks for the message.

I think that you are referring to the speaker cable running over the fireplace. It was one of those compromises which I could not avoid. However, it’s not at all hot there, so it isn’t a problem!

Best wishes,

Brian D.

1 Like

You could run some trunking along to top and sides of the fire place, which could tidy it up.

DG…

Longue vie le sens de l’humour !

1 Like

Looks very nice - I like the shoebox format.
I see four Naim units - do you have two Nap 100s? If so, do you run the speakers biamplifed?

1 Like

Don’t see Burzum too often on these forums! Or at least that’s a first time for me anyway.

Thanks.
No, just one NAP 100. Top to bottom: UnitiQute 2 (as an UPnP player), DAC-V1, PC in a Unitiserve case, NAP 100.

4 Likes

Do you prefer my multi-coloured boxes for CDs instead ?

Best wishes

Ian
PS My P3ESR speakers with my Nait 50

21 Likes

A very clever and well-integrated solution. Did you build the PC into the case yourself? Sounds like an interesting project.

1 Like

Yes, I bought a dead Unitiserve for peanuts and built a PC in it, installed Daphile Linux as a UPnP server and it works just fine. Pretty happy with it, I was a bit confused if NAP 100 will handle the Ultimatums, but mighty shoebox said no problem, bring the XL10 on! Really big difference from Iota Xplorers which I had previously.

3 Likes

I realised saying ‘black boxes aside’ sounded like they were ugly! Apologies, wasn’t what I intended to mean!

Oops :smile:

2 Likes

No offence taken , some people like order and precision I like oodles of bright colours .

The use of CD and Blu Ray boxes as a storage facility is something I have picked up from this forum

1 Like

Found the pics.

16 Likes

That looks very impressive. Just to check I understand correctly, the Daphile Linux is an off-the-shelf PC designed for audio applications and you installed it with a hard drive. Does it only run USB output or can it also output via SPIDF?

Regarding screens, software and control, how does this work? Can it operate off something like a tablet?

1 Like

That’s brilliant! Clever idea :+1:

1 Like

Good afternoon DiggyGun,

Thanks for the message.

You’re right about the trunking. I have been thinking about that and may follow-up on it.

Best wishes,

Brian D.

1 Like

Daphile can work either from usb or can be installed on a hard drive or ssd. I used it with USB and it works as a music player, now I use it just as an UPnP server (there’s a plugin for that). Not sure if it can use an Spdif from a PC, but why not.

2 Likes

That’s a lovely rack. How about an aerial view of that GL75?:sunglasses:

1 Like

Many thanks - the rack was made by Paul Knipe who runs Solid Sounds. It is lovely and matches well with my cherry Tannoys.

Incidentally Paul has started making open baffle speakers (Hex 3) which I find interesting having built an open baffle set-up myself - see earlier in this thread…

I’ve taken some pictures of the Lenco - sorry the lighting is a bit poor. It was my father’s which he bought new in 1973 (50 years old -wow) but became unreliable (tired v-blocks etc.) so he replaced it with a Rega. Decco Audio recommissioned it and it sounds very nice - I just need to sort out a ground hum (been meaning to do it for ages) and then it should be very good.

My view as I am writing this.

34 Likes