System Pics 2023

Ofcourse!

Is the hifi support an old Bier ?

The wooden section is home made from old oak and an Ikea board :). The sliver bar on the amps are a part of them, it has been designed to stack, adding Oreaā€™s in-between just removes any stray vibrations from the speakers. Works well, considered a Solidsteel rack, but it wouldnā€™t look right.

1 Like

After vast amounts of sanding this was the end result.

Looked much better after the respray .

25 Likes

Nice job. I have some black ash Kan Mk.1s that could do with that kind of black ash restorationā€¦

2 Likes

I kinda like the sandedā€¦
(but then Iā€™ve never liked the black plinths so Iā€™m biased)
The sanded looks nicely weathered and interesting, with some waxing it wouldā€™ve come alive!

Nice job though - my old Kans couldā€™ve benefited likewise :+1:

3 Likes

I must admit, I thought the same.
Mine is Cherry as is my Fraim and so were my Keilidhā€™s.
Also my new LP Racks are being fabricated from Cherry and Toughened Glass:blush:

2 Likes

Like those LP12s that were exposed to the elements? :stuck_out_tongue:

Is Whisky an element? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Certainly has an ā€œeleMENTALā€ effect on me, when imbibing in sufficient volume :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sure a man of your calibre Richard could tackle that jobā€¦selection of sand paper and a few tins of aerosolā€¦sorted

I was is two minds with the choice of finish, the problem being, its not my turntable, I had been asked by a relative if I could bring it back to life with a bit of tlc which turned out to be a lot of tlc but we got there in the end.

The finished article, really happy how its turned out and its sounds very nice indeed, I now need to put a value on it as he wants to sell it, giving me first refusalā€¦

33 Likes

Ā£222 to match the NSC222 that youā€™ll be buying to put with it :joy:

Yes, I could, but I have so many other tasks on the farm and around the house and garden that take priority, so these days the hifi restoration work takes a back seat. Oh yes, and thereā€™s a Fordson Dexta restoration to finish!

Iā€™ve always used landing pads to protect the plinth too.
The pips usually mark the plinth.
Mine is original 1987.

10 Likes

How much do you spill when you flip the vinyl? :scream: :wink:

Well, if you could just get rid of that nasty sleeping habit, maybe you could find more time! :wink:

1 Like

Whooaaa Nellieā€¦ How on earth did you align that cartridge, sticking as far forward as it does?

2 Likes

Think this was just a photo to show the final build , we fitted a Goldring 1042 as we had no real idea of the condition of the K-18, it arrived fitted with self tapping screws holding it in place!! so rather than risk any damage to my sons record collection the new cartridge was installed.

:laughing:

2 Likes