System Pics 2023

Hi @Hank, I posted the link information to show naim themselves do not recommend it. As for the technical reasons I am sure @Richard.Dane will be able to provide an explanation, or others here can answer your questions.

1 Like

During 2022 I decided to upgrade my phono stage from a Tom Evans Groove+ SRX. The first step involved ‘swapping’ (with some ££) for a slightly unique Tom Evans Mastergroove. Unique insofar as the casing of the phono amp itself is transparent acrylic. More on this in the ‘What’s the last bit of gear…’ thread. Now fully upgraded by Tom I had to switch round fraim levels to fit everything in and I now have both racks the same height. I have another medium set of legs which I may replace the tall ones with as, whilst the equal heights has a symmetry, the tall legs kind of draws attention to a rather fuggly power supply unit! The eagle eyed may notice a ‘spare’ ethernet cable next to the speaker. Unfortunately space limitations mean that the Innuos Statement boxes are sitting on a tv rack and the cable reaches across in a very ungainly manner to the back of the ND555. Planned change of home will be the only solution for this!

Peter

39 Likes

Received my NSC 222 and NAP 250 this week…and there is an empty shelf :thinking:

. Finally, after one year, NPX300 has landed :slightly_smiling_face:. No more empty shelf :+1:

46 Likes

Nothing for it, you’ll have to fill it with an NPX 300 :man_shrugging:t4:
Best get back on to your dealer pronto… :joy:

4 Likes

Stack is getting taller and making room for future boxes (555PS and Supercap when funds allow).

I think David is getting swamped though, so time to move some art around :thinking:

Ps I posted on another thread, but very impressed with the sound change from just adding some glass under the NDX2 and 282.

60 Likes

Why DOES the glass make a difference, and is that just to this generation of kit or does all kit benefit?

1 Like

It makes the sound more transparent. :neutral_face:

20 Likes

My all Olive system definitely and clearly benefitted from full fat Fraim.

5 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Ha Ha ha…:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

To be honest, I have no idea. I assume more isolation? Naim kit is designed to go an a Naim fraim and I can see why. I’m not sure how much uplift you would get with slimline/XS series, but I hear a difference with my kit. More detail on note timbres, better separation of instruments. Larger soundstage.
I read somewhere that Naim tried different materials (wood, metal, glass etc). Metal was best, but hard to manufacture, glass was almost as good, but easier to produce.
In any case, it’s been tried and tested by Naim and it works.

3 Likes

Big changes over the last six months : traded in the 300DR and Focal Sopra 2 and welcomed a 500DR and Focal Scala Utopia III. Bigger sound, lots of energy, plenty of details.

Very happy with the changes :yum:

If anyone has those speakers (and NAIM amp), i’d like to know which speaker cables you are using.

54 Likes

Couldn’t you put the Core on the same shelf as the HiCap and move the small PS (can’t remember its name) behind the rack? That would free up one shelf.

Yes, if I move the core to the floor or a small shelf, I have 2x shelves free (once the hicap gets swapped out).

Just getting used to the taller stack. I think it will spur me on the the future purchases :joy:

1 Like

The distance between the Focals must be greater than this :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Townshend Audio Isolda works well with the Sopra 2. Can’t see why it wouldn’t with the next step up. Used it with the Naim gear before I replaced the amps too - no problems at all.

1 Like

I like the Focals in white, the contrast with the black drivers and details works well :+1:

3 Likes

Lovely, plain and simple, and it’ll sound great.
Yes, some others should recognise this, ooh they’ve brought out a ‘N1234’, must buy it, it’ll sound so much better, look what I’ve bought, wow can’t believe how good xxxx sounds now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Still on my wishlist, my first Naim amp was a NAIT 3R, you can’t fault a well looked after Nait 2 for looks and appeal!

I just picked up a Nova last week for my home “office”. Been already thinking of a turntable to play with it. This was inspiring, thanks for sharing these images and the corresponding phono stage you are using!

1 Like