System Pics 2023

Yeah you did :rofl:

But seriously, we all like what we like and there is no right or wrong.

1 Like

Look great. Wouldnā€™t work well there with the upward firing tweeters on my Neats

1 Like

A wonderful looking and sounding set up. Love those B & W speakers.

1 Like

They look amazing, enjoy :blush:

1 Like

Very good Dan_M
Enjoy your CDS2 and I will continue to enjoy what I have and keep off the upgrade wagon
Curious to see what comes out next though
Also to see what non DR stuff appears on the market
Who knows maybe an old 552

2 Likes

Thanks gents. Sounding bloominā€™ marvellous today. Scale, depth, transparency.

Quite a step up. So musically engaging.

G

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget me! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks Dan. They sound and look incredible, a big step up from Dali Rubicon (which are amazing for the price too!). I was a bit worried that 250dr would struggle to drive these but so far so good. Also an excuse to start saving up for a 300dr :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Nice room!

The bookshelves used as accoustic treatment behind the speakers?

Did you change speakers?

Haha!

G

1 Like

Guess I should pay closer attention. Congratulations Iā€™m sure those Proacs will bring happiness to someone else.

1 Like

Iā€™ve looked at the B & W speakers quite a bit and they do take powerful amps by the looks of things. They look visually exciting and very cool and different from other manufacturers. Your speakers look stunning and I really like the rack.

1 Like

I think theyā€™d sound great with a nice 500. Doesnā€™t need to be DR.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, seems to damp it a bit and provide some diffraction.

1 Like

Thereā€™s plenty of deals out there and you can always put in low offers. I was really surprised at the deal I got for CDS2 and XPS2. I think it is a good time to buy in terms of deals. And I am not suggesting you upgrade.

Thanks Dan. Itā€™s scary to think that all I had 1.5 year ago was uniti star :see_no_evil:

I could probably push it to 300 next year, sadly 500 is going to be out of reach. Saying that my 250 seems to be doing just fine! I was told that the D4 generation is not as power hungry as the previous ones.

1 Like

Itā€™s about system balance. As far as I can see you have Ā£18000 speakers mate! They deserve a top rate amplification system. Pace yourself out, but very very nice speakers.

1 Like

The speakers are my end game. The rest will follow (eventually) albeit I donā€™t think it will be anytime soon or the 500 series.

I know itā€™s not the most balanced system but going from Dalis to this was the most worthwile upgrade upgrade so far. I think we need to give our electronics (and Nap250) more a bit more credit :relaxed:

1 Like

I think itā€™s a great plan. You have the right speakers and a great set up. A 300DR would work well. But others have gone for non DR 500. Depends what you can get. Are you in Poland or UK? A 552 would be good after a 282. For now itā€™s fantastic. Enjoy your wonderful system.

1 Like