System Pics 2023

This is a week old. Currently building stopped while I sorted out a fiasco with the electrician.

18 Likes

It looks quite large in the pics👍

Yesno. The structure is, but really it is a normal/modest two storey house on top of a couple garages. Just too much snow here to park in the drive.

3 Likes

Naim ND5-NX2, Vienna Acoustics “The Kiss” Speakers, Dr Feickert TT, Reed 3P arm, Hana ML, Cary Slp98P Pre(all upgrades, Inc NOS premium tubes), Oppo 105D, Pass Labs Aleph 2 Mono Amps (recapped by Pass Labs) Feliks Euphoria Head Phone Amp (NOS Tubes), Sennheiser HD 800S, Nordost Red Dawn Speaker cables and interconnects, Nordost QB8, Nordost Qkore 1, Kimber Ascent PK10 AC cables. Custom acoustic wall panels (based on Bauhaus concrete wall panel sculpture) front wall and rear walls.

50 Likes

White could be the new green… Nova settling in nicely on demo from Basically Sound

12 Likes

Wow - what an impressive System. And nice to see another Vienna Acoustics user here. I have „only“ VA Haydn in a smaller System, but I think it is a good match with Naim. Enjoy!

2 Likes

No idea what they sound like but they look great.

1 Like

thanks, it was a lively room before. The panels made a big difference (the rear wall is all panels) as do the rugs and soft furnishings, wool rugs are great as they can easily be moved around. but the Gaia isolation pods under the speakers and the TT made the most difference in taming the room.

3 Likes

I started with Mozart Grand SE speakers and moved up to these when I found a used pair for a great price. I really like the VA house sound that I think all their speakers have.

3 Likes

Impressive interior design!

3 Likes

Explain to Mrs FZ that the energy in sound waves will help dry the laundry.

1 Like

I would be more concerned as to where the moisture from the washing was going.

1 Like

Nice room! And Emmy. :grinning:

1 Like

I wonder if @robpearson will share what it was for. Ah, outstanding art direction, 2002. Fantastic.

1 Like

:pray:

2 Likes

Outstanding and warm room too. One of the “best” here.

1 Like

It’s not ideal speaker placement but the Orangery gives the best view across the fields beyond the garden when listening to some cool jazz. There are other rooms with potentially better speaker positions but none have a view with a setting sun available. Surprisingly toed in to be practically near field it all actually works pretty well sonically.

My Hifi, clear audio record player Rega phono stage Naim nd5 xs 2 streamer Naim cd player Rega ethos amplifier focal kanta 1

34 Likes

60 Likes

Timeless Classics

2 Likes