System Pics 2023

:rofl:
No… I have the electrician here so running around a bit.
I might have a laugh a bit later, but staying off the internet as much as possible today as Mrs QS is working from home and our BB is ‘Sh!te’…:man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

:wink:

She is on tour this year with young Robert along as well.

2 Likes

fixed the “blooming” and overwhelming bass from my borresen z2 cryos on some recordings. 50 pounds of granite under each speaker fixed it. side effect it tightened and sharpened the entire presentation. still use the darkz too. i think it was caused by my “floating” living room floor due to having a basement underneath. anyway z2 cryos sound great on all recordings i’ve tried. yipee!

47 Likes

That’s very pleasing: your speakers are not inexpensive, and you must have been disappointed they were not living up to expectations.

3 Likes

thanks al. it was rather disheartening. now all is well.

4 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

#Throwback Weekend free-time tweaks with new acoustic panel and spring cleaning done.

Room 9’x10’ (Nearfield) > Laptop / Naim Uniti Atom HE > Denafrips Iris > SMSL DA9 > Definitive Technology Prosub800 / Dynaudio Emit 10 / Hifiman Arya.

36 Likes

A few changes have occurred in the last 10 days so here are some updated pics.
TT now on the right, with better clearance from th Speaker’s Bass Port on that side.
MacBook Pro in its new temporary home acting as Streamer for Qobuz via AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt, stolen from Media Room System.
Dedicated 32 amp circuit running 3x 2-Way MK plug sockets.
All new racks hard fixed back to the walls and the chairs swapped over.
All ready for the change in weather when I shall be down here most days😊

EDIT Sounding ABSOLUTELY stunning, by the way!:grin:

47 Likes

Have you considered hifi grade switchless sockets?

Yes, and HiFi grade MCB, they will come later🙂

1 Like

If it was my room I’d be tempted to try the rack/shelving on the side wall in the middle behind the chair (if it would fit).

It simply wasn’t possible as we needed to put in the isolation platform and the only viable place for that was at the end.

1 Like

It looks like the shelving rack on the side wall would go in the middle of the other two shelving racks that are behind the chair.

…but it also has to be a comfortable space that we are happy in as well as sounds good.
I am really happy with it the way it is🙂

5 Likes

I was just replying again because from your first response I got the impression you misunderstood my first comment about the shelving as you mentioned the isolation platform and I was talking about the other end of the room.

1 Like

No offence taken.
The rack would fit at the back and I may decide to do that in the future, but I do like the symmetry of the pictures at the two ends.
Also, it gives me much better access to the record cleaner. Plus, if I put it between the other two I would have to move the chair forward. That would then compromise the listening position :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Well, sounds like it’s time to build a new house, then! :wink:

2 Likes

The listening room is a separate building at the bottom of the garden @DrMark, signposted ‘The AudioCave’.
When I win the lottery I will build a bigger one😁

5 Likes

Looks like a pretty darn good setup to me!

2 Likes