System Pics 2023

I’ll be honest. With the power updates and the move around, it has never sounded so good.
The bass is rich but controlled. The transformer hum has all but disappeared, definitely not noticeable at the listening position.
I am really happy today🥳

7 Likes

And Turandot tomorrow, the fun is endless.

Without wishing to sound like a stuck record here, but can you not ditch the shelving unit to the left of your listening seat? It doesn’t have much on it, and just looks messy. You could put the record cleaner on a nice little side table, which would look so much nicer…

1 Like

Yea, really looking forward to Turandot😊

I appreciate your views, but I’m quite happy so I’m afraid you’re just going to have to cope with it as it is sir😂

5 Likes

:+1:

Love the contrast of the lions facing each other across the room. Very cool.

2 Likes

They are Robert Oxley’s.
The one behind my chair is a Tiger, the piece is called Orion. The other one is a Lion and is named Rufiji.
We also have 2 in the house, a Lion called Phantasm in the lounge and a Tiger called Spectre in the Media Room.
I love his work.

2 Likes

Have you got heating? I’ve got an oil filled radiator that warms my cabin up to 21C in less an hour then it’s hardly “ON” after that. No effect on sound either even when the thermostat clicks on.

Yes, I have a WiFi controlled Ceramic radiator. It warms up in no time if it’s been off. I can set it to run on a timed 7 day cycle or switch it on from the house from my phone before going down there.
We have one in my wife’s office as well, but that one is always on as our female cat practically lives in there😂

I want a Wi-Fi controlled heater now! Does it have frost guard? My 7 day timer cancels the frostguard function so I have to remember to go up and switch it on manually.

1 Like

Yes, I believe so.
It’s a Haverland, available from Electric Radiators Direct. They are much kinder to the planet than the oil filled ones apparently. I have put a picture of our order below for you. I hope that it doesn’t break any forum rules🤞🏼
If so, sorry in advance Richard🫣

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve seen it now anyway :wink:. After a quick search on eBay there are lots of options so I may “Upgrade” before next winter. :+1:

1 Like

No Gas at my humble abode, so we have oil AGA, coal fires and then Rointe as a backup throughout the property. The Rointe are quite good on the smaller rooms but can’t touch the larger voids (even with a few ), with meter thick stone walls to heat. The only one that affects the sound is the fires, they give a vinyl crackling effect when you chuck wood on them.

2 Likes

We’re out on the Cambridgeshire fens Neil, so no Gas or Mains Sewage. We had a Calor bulk tank in the garden up until summer last year, but went full electric from then.
We are still trying to get the cycles right for the new electric boiler. It’s very efficient, but we have learned the hard way (£££’s) that it doesn’t need to be on 24/7 to keep the house warm.
It’s been an expensive Winter, but I think we’ve got it sussed now👍🏼

1 Like

Seperate thread maybe gents!

Back to topic?

6 Likes

Still satisfied with Your Cryos after a couple of days?

yea still sounding great. it’s funny when i have an issue like i had, i become super critical of their performance moving forward so pretty happy. early on thought about switching, glad i didn’t. quite phenomenal speakers.

1 Like

Glad it all works out now. My O2 are also real gems. Back to music…

1 Like

34 Likes

Nice photo. B&W is just magical.

1 Like