System Pics 2023

I was once pretty keen on photography, though I was never much good. I keep thinking I should do a bit more and try to improve.

24 Likes

I just upgraded my kitchen system by replacing the little Dali’s by the Harbeth P3ESR of exactly the same size.
In combination with Naim UnitiQute2 it sounds great. I use my NDX2 with Qobuz as the master.
Given that a relatively high percentage of my music listening is done in the kitchen, I am a very happy cook.

35 Likes

Beautiful lamp, but not sure about three-quarters of a loudspeaker!

1 Like

In my defence, I did say that I needed to work on my photography.

This is better, I think. Less distracting surroundings and you now see more of your Naim.

11 Likes

Definitely better, though in the ‘nice thing’ stakes the Nova comes a distant third behind the lamp and the table. The Murano bowl probably beats it too.

3 Likes

I never get tired of this view.

14 Likes

Really like the lamp. Is it in production or something to find second hand?

I was happy to add this Luxus B06 from the 60s to my collection of lamps, and it fits quite well next to the turntable and superline.

5 Likes

I almost wanna lick it…

7 Likes

Are you suggesting the addition of a Cadbury’s Flake to be utilised as an on/off switch ?:icecream:

3 Likes

Now you need to get one your self! :blush:

Just a comment about the lamp, and that the manufacturer did not do more to avoid the flex simply being attached by plastic clips to the support. Surely the design would look so much better if the flex were inside the support tube, and not exposed and ending up in a rather unsightly afterthought position connected to the support.

The Herbert Terry Anglepoise managed to design with the flex inside the square section of the support.

2 Likes

I have never heard previously of placing Naim equipment on glass shelves, although it looks smart.

Is that to reduce resonance, perhaps?

I have a very old Anglepoise lamp in front of me on my desk as I type this. It has been stripped back to bare aluminium; and has an orange braided mains flex. I find it very stylish in a Bauhaus sort of way.

3 Likes

Yes, I have several and have rewired several for friends and relatives. Does the flex disappear into the center section of the arms at the base, reappearing for the joint, and finally reappearing at the end of the top arm to go to the switch and bulb holder, which should be a Crabtree fitting (very rare and expensive in good condition).

Apollogies for the quick rough and ready photos, and not black and white arty pictures.

Thay will have to wait till better lighting and when I can move the lamp out into a better space.

3 Likes

Mine is very different from the one that you’re showing there. I suspect that mine is a bit newer. It just has a simple push button on/off switch at the top. (I’d stick a photo on, but I’m still a bit cr*p at doing that.)

They are great desk lamps, however old or new.

1 Like

About the Hi Fi system thread. :roll_eyes:

IMG_5885

16 Likes

If you have a smartphone, Graham, it’s really easy on this latest forum platform - just take a photo, touch the picture icon at the top of the reply post, choose ‘photo library’, select the photo, add, and you’re away. Job’s a good ‘un.

1 Like

Yes , yours sounds like a newer version. Possibly the model 75, which has a single top square section, and a round base. There are variation of the so called fork, the part embedded in the base that holds the lower arms and springs.

maybe like this…

(Not mine, but I sorted one like this for my son)

Or even newer version have cheaper arms of flat metal section, and a different arrangement for the flex entry into the shade and bulb holder.

2 Likes

Still not quite the same. The metal ‘arms’ (for want of a better word) come right down to the circular base, without the ‘bridge’ section shown in that photo. But the top half, with the flex coming out of and re-entering the metal ‘arms’ is pretty much identical.